Reactions To Mandatory Buick, GMC OnStar Plan($905 to $1,675 depending on the vehicle model)

Help Support Ruger Forum:

hittman

Staff member
I’m not entirely sure what the “nonsense” is. This is a “feature” they’ve added and built into the MSRP and NOT them forcing you into making monthly payments on a subscription. If I’m incorrect, somebody let me know please.

Do I think it’s a smart move on their part? Of course not. However, if you don’t like the feature of any product you are looking to purchase ….. go another direction.

Things like the locks on Ruger Single Actions and the keyhole lock on Smith revolvers come to mind. You can bet the cost of those were added into the retail price even if it didn’t hit the news media.

Aqualung

Blackhawk
New Jersey. Definitely New Jersey.

HEY NOW...I was born in Jersey...

...and wholeheartedly agree!

It's a key thing to notice that all the toll booths of the southern bridges are on the non-Jersey side...making you pay to get out of the state...and it's worth *every penny*!

LOL

Aqualung

Toyman

Single-Sixer
Supposedly you pay for the service whether you activate it or not.
I have used ONSTAR while on trips. I got caught in accidents and needed an alterative route which ONSTAR was able to do.
Trying to cancel ONSTAR was like pulling teeth.

KIR

Single-Sixer
All manufacturers do the same thing to get your monies. If it is not one way it is another.

Latest posts