Re: Temporarily Single

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Bob Wright

Hawkeye
I read this post and my heart broke within me. The last night my wife spent at home with me was April 17th. Since that time she has been either in the hospital or in a convalescent/rehab center. And yesterday she tested positive for Covid. She is now in isolation as there are five cases there. I can go to see her, but must have mask, gown and rubber gloves.

I've been living alone all this time, and we have been to the mountain top and down into the deep valley more times than I can count. Twice we said our last good byes, and we have relived our good times together. I go each day to have our morning devotions and prayer and Bible reading. For awhile I stayed and had lunch with her, but cannot do that now.

I'd love to get her back.

Bob Wright

I wish you the best of luck with this situation.

Even though my wife travels quite a bit for work, after some 25 years together, I don’t know what I would do without her.

larry1096

Bearcat
My mother is in a similar situation, and so I can understand a small part of what you're going through.

I really hope things get better for you soon, Bob.

Larry

You don't know what you had until it's gone!!!!
In 3 weeks it will be 59 years together.
Yes both of us can survive without each other as we have in the past. I just spent 4 weeks at Son's house helping him build another plane. Wifie will spend several weeks with Daughter in September.
Bottom line I hope I'm not the one that has to live alone in the future.

turd

Blackhawk
Bob, I'm sure the original post was in jest. I would be lost without my partner over the last 40 years. We have our own interests, but a life without her would be difficult at the very least. I continue to offer prayers for Nita's recovery and for you both to finish well.

vito

Hunter
My thoughts and prayers go out to you. My wife of 56 years has been my best and closest friend, and I truly do not know how I would go on without her. I love my five kids and my 12 grandkids, but my Michele is truly the story of my life. Wishing that all turns out well for both of you.

Snake Pleskin

Hunter
I read this post and my heart broke within me. The last night my wife spent at home with me was April 17th. Since that time she has been either in the hospital or in a convalescent/rehab center. And yesterday she tested positive for Covid. She is now in isolation as there are five cases there. I can go to see her, but must have mask, gown and rubber gloves.

I've been living alone all this time, and we have been to the mountain top and down into the deep valley more times than I can count. Twice we said our last good byes, and we have relived our good times together. I go each day to have our morning devotions and prayer and Bible reading. For awhile I stayed and had lunch with her, but cannot do that now.

I'd love to get her back.

Bob Wright
I am hoping the best for you and her in these difficult times.

Latest posts