RCBS Chargemaster 1500 Scale-Dispenser combo

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Chapi

Bearcat
Bike Effects":3eypfd4j said:
Anybody using this pricey gadget. Is it fast and perfectly accurate. Let me know, please.

It is a great machine if you load for accuracy. It is very accurate if you ask me. The way i use it is after dispensing one time I put the powder in the brass and seat the bullet. By the time I finished doing that it already dispensed again and is ready for you to put the powder in the brass and seat again.

kvnsll

Bearcat
I use mine just like Chapi. It comes with a AC adapter and can use batteries. I use the adapter because the battery mode shuts off if left idle long enough. I find mine to be very accurate. I bought the plastic scale pan with the funnel built in and it wont operate automatically with it. I have to use a regular pan and a seperate funnel.

Ken 45LC

Bearcat
I bought mine not long after they first came out for about $270 on sale. Never had any problems with it, and really enjoy it. It was supposed to be faster than the Lyman at that time, that's one of the reasons I chose it. But now after using it for a few years it is one of my favorite additions to the bench. I really like how you can program loads in it so when you come back a few months later you can easily bring the load back up.
I also like it for load development, i usually drop three loads, and then add 3 tenths and so on. It will even tell you how many times it dispensed a certain weight or load.

Hope this helps,

Ken

208packinheat

Single-Sixer
Interesting thread, and BTT because I am in the market. I just about bought the Lyman, and then read more negative about it than I have found on the RCBS. From this discussion, those with the RCBS are happy, but any of you using the Lyman having the same luck as Contender is having?

I really really want to add one of these high tech handloader tools, they look neat on the bench...thats why we buy stuff isn't it??? :lol: :lol: I just do not want to have to package it up before I get some use out of it.

Looking for your thoughts on the Lyman vs the RCBS. Something about green.

Divernhunter

Single-Sixer
I have a new lyman unit and saw the bad stuff about it on another forum. So I checked the weights againt my PACT electronic and 2 different balance beam scales and the weights have been spot on. I have only loaded about 600 rounds with it but so far it has been fine.
I also heard some trashing of the RCBS unit so who knows.

I love the RCBS combo. I like it that you can go whole hog and enter load data, cartridge etc for foture reference or just dial in the weight you want and hit dispense and let it run. And run it does, it will throw the next charge before I can seat the bullet in the case I just put the powder in.

208packinheat

Single-Sixer
Thanks guys, I think this is like which gun do you like best, but I had a slight leaning toward the RCBS, and although the Lyman is probably 6'es, I think green is the way I will go. In fact I know it is, as I am gong down to the local Sportman and buy it today, on St. Patty's day. Can't be bad!