RCA RDA-384L? How many? Any not RCA?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Terry T

Buckeye
I have a RDA-384L, 380 rim, late model scalloped frame, later heavy barrel, with the word 'Police' as in 'Ruger Police Security Six' that I found "loose" at a gun show with no box or paper work. Ser. No. 162-10833.

I know that some of these 'over runs' were released through the Ruger Collector's Assoc. (RCA). Does anyone have a list of serial numbers of the RCA guns?

Does anyone know if some were sold in the U.S. through regular distributor channels or were they all sold through the RCA?

Can I assume (you know what they say about that word! :shock: ) that this one is an RCA gun? :D

Terry T

Terry T

Buckeye
I don't intend to sell it, just trying to figure out if it's an RCA gun or not.
I heard someone is going to do an RCA display in Boise this year. :shock:

Here is a photo of one that IS an RCA gun:

Terry T

Terry T

Buckeye
Hank, I don't own the second one pictured. :(

Trying to figure out if all of these came through the Ruger Collector's Assoc. or just some of them.
Terry T

lovemydals

Buckeye
Terry T,

Knowing that the second one depicted in your post is an RCA gun, bring yours & we will play the assumption card. Yours could have been sold as a RCA gun initially. Then came out of an estate at a later date without the qualifying paperwork & boxes. Good luck on your quest!

Thanks!

lmd

chet15

Hawkeye
I never heard any of these were sold though anybody except the RCA. But doesn't mean another distributor didn't get some.
At the time these were released, Steve Vogel was at the helm of RCA, so it wouldn't surprise me if all of the overruns went through there. If they didn't you'd think somebody at the time would have gotten word that others were coming from another source.
Chet15

Terry T

Buckeye
Thanks, Chad,
You're the Guru.
Seems that, at least at one time, there would have been a list of these that were handled by the RCA.

Do we know of any other models or overruns handled through the RCA?

Thanks,
Terry T

Ruger168

Blackhawk
I have all the paperwork that came with mine and there is nothing to make me believe it came through RCA.

martyj

Blackhawk
Mine is also complete even have the foil packet for the box.
Makes you wonder how many made it to India?
Rumor had it an Army Officer originally had the one in my possession.