RCA article

Help Support Ruger Forum:

contender

Ruger Guru
Do you happen to know which issue it was in? I have an index of the Journals up to 1989,, but not past that. But, I also have all of the RCA Journals. I could find the article,, if I knew where to look.

contender

Ruger Guru
I checked my reference guide to the RCA journals. No articles by Phil before 1989. I also checked in a couple of different ways to see if there were any articles specific to the 200th Anniv guns. Nothing. It is known that almost all guns made in 1976 carry the "Liberty" rollmark. Production numbers would have to be gleaned by adding together all the different serial number blocks used during 1976,, and added together.

And yes,, I'll be in Harrisburg.

El Numero Uno

Buckeye
The article was written in 1991-92; I had the article about production of non-prefix No.1's in the same edition. The cover has Warren Pages's "21 Club" rifle on it. I don't have any idea where mine is!!

radicalrod

Hunter
I have one of each just laying on my desk....DBL ACTION Dec 90, SINGLE ACTION Jan 92, and M77 may 93......let me know as my trusty son may be able to scan and send it....see ya RR.

contender

Ruger Guru
Ahh,, now see, someone helped nail it down. The article by Phil is in the "Vol 15, No. 1, Spring 1991" issue. Title; "Liberty for All - Double Action Revolvers."
Then,, "Vol. 15, No. 3 1991" has this one; "Liberty for All - 200th Year No. 1 Rifles."
Next would be; "Vol. 16 no. 1 1992" with; "Liberty for All; 200th Year Single Actions."
Next would be; "Vol. 16, No. 3 1992" with; "Liberty for All; 200th Year Carbines."

Those would be the issues you'd need to get the articles by Phil on the Liberty guns.
I can make copies of all of them if need be.

cafsman

Bearcat
If you know of anyone with duplicates I would buy, otherwise a scanned copy of the articles would be FANTASTIC!

I am going to be writing an article for RCA on one of the JD Clayton rifles I have from the Judge's collection. It is a highly engraved 45-70 and spoke with Joe earlier today. He is a fantastic person and will be sharing additional history about the rifle.

Lee, I am sure you may have something of interest for this edition as well. There is a blog on this same forum regarding requests for articles, photos, etc.

Thanks to all

Neal
[email protected]

Terry T

Buckeye
Guys,
I'd like either a scanned copy or a paper copy of the double action article.

"Vol 15, No. 1, Spring 1991" issue. Title; "Liberty for All - Double Action Revolvers."

I'm hoping to be at Harrisburg with a couple of 200th year double actions. :D
Terry T

cafsman

Bearcat
Bill

I was on the RCA site several times and cannot find much of a selection of back copies of the RCA at all. At one time I had them I am sure but a nasty divorce 25 years ago created a typhoon in my home and much of what I had collected went bye bye I am sure.

radicalrod

Hunter
Hey the copies I have don't state where they are from as I recieved them from Mr Hardin when I was collecting 200th year stuff....Phil got several of my pay checks :D :D :D I have since disposed of all these dreaded NM's :lol: :lol: :lol: but I still have these 3 articles and several 200th year patches......see ya RR.

T.A. WORKMAN

Hunter
Terry T":3jhm59rh said:
Guys,
I'd like either a scanned copy or a paper copy of the double action article.

"Vol 15, No. 1, Spring 1991" issue. Title; "Liberty for All - Double Action Revolvers."

I'm hoping to be at Harrisburg with a couple of 200th year double actions. :D
Terry T

Check your email!!
Enjoy!

OldRugerMan

Blackhawk
Does anyone know what Phil is doing these days? i haven't seen him since he brought his huge 200th Year display to Denver in 1991 I think it was.

contender

Ruger Guru
I was just informed of the availability of back issues of the RCA journals from the RCA. Since I have all of them,, this fact was overlooked by me,,,! And,, the RCA doesn't allow reproductions of their material w/o their permission,, so I can't legally OR IN GOOD CONSCIENCE offer to do this.
So,, PLEASE join the RCA as we'd love to increase our membership. We are on a membership drive to add 50 new members this year.

I apologize for any misunderstandings.