------ Razor receivers - any good?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

shooter04

Bearcat
Has anyone experience with the build quality of razor receivers made by select fire LCC?

BlkHawk73

Hunter
For the price, why not simply buy another completed receiver and not have the additional work needed for those. Mess it up and you have a $120 paperweight. Plenty of affordable receivers made.

Hylander

Single-Sixer
BlkHawk73":aabqarwt said:
For the price, why not simply buy another completed receiver and not have the additional work needed for those. Mess it up and you have a $120 paperweight. Plenty of affordable receivers made.

No fun in that.
And here in Calif. you can't just buy a receiver.
Building your own Firearm is much more satisfying than buying something someone else built.

BlkHawk73

Hunter
Hylander":iv6f32jj said:
BlkHawk73":iv6f32jj said:

No fun in that.
Building your own Firearm is much more satisfying than buying something someone else built.

In this case "building" involves drilling a few holes. If one wanted a satisfying project, why not do ALL the machining? :wink:

I'll stick to factory and/or the finished ones.

Hylander

Single-Sixer
BlkHawk73":2xb5kyvw said:
Hylander":2xb5kyvw said:
BlkHawk73":2xb5kyvw said:

No fun in that.

In this case "building" involves drilling a few holes. If one wanted a satisfying project, why not do ALL the machining? :wink:

I'll stick to factory and/or the finished ones.

I wish had the Equipment for it 8)
I am in the process of looking for a Mini-Lathe right now :)

CraigC

Hawkeye
I have the equipment to precisely mill the necessary holes but I really don't see the purpose of it. Probably ease of manufacture on the part of Select-Fire. I have had wonderful results with the NDS-22 from Nodak Spud. They're $130 shipped and all you have to do is put it together. They have three finishes available, their own proprietary rear sight as well as a 20MOA scope mount. The receiver is flat-topped to utilize Marlin 336 bases with beefier 8x40 screws. Mine, with a Clark barrel and Bushnell Elite 10x, shoots into ¾"@100yds with Wolf MT.

http://www.nodakspud.com/NDS-22.htm

Nodak%20NDS-22-08b.jpg