RARE?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Chance

Buckeye
That would be pretty high in my neighborhood. I have sold 2 RSS4's, one R and one X, for just a bit more than 1/2 his asking price in the last couple of months. Both were 98% guns but with no boxes or paperwork. Both were non-prefix guns.

Thing is if you want an RSS4 it is usually necessary to jump on them when they show themselves. As one of the big dogs sez, it's not that you're paying too much, just buying to early, or something along those lines.

It looks like a very nice package.

Redstick

Single-Sixer
HAWKEYE#28":1mfb23z2 said:
8) If condition drives your bus, and you need a late made Old Model in a complete pkg, it is only a wee bit high.......... :)

When you factor in the "California Premium", it's prob'ly not a bad deal. Guns just cost MORE in California! Let's hear from CA Resident, "Luvmydals", or "jussbad", is this price in line; OR WHAT

flatgate

Hawkeye
P1010502.jpg

It's indeed very nice and that is one rare box, as well!

flatgate

americal

Hunter
Those 4&5/8ths always hard to come around--even being a late model --old model :) one nice single six & that box just makes it so much more desirable for collectors :!: price a little high but when will another one come around with box :p like flatgate said box is a GOODIE--- I really like the looks of the whole package 8) 8) I would call it a non-shooter safequeen :!:

chet15

Hawkeye
He might be a little high, but the last RENE price guide averaged out at $520 for a 97% to 98% gun and add on another $160 for the box...total $680.
Not to mention that if that gun is absolutely NIB, then there aren't too many of those out there, as he says. So its not only a pretty scarce gun that is enhanced by its scarce original box, it is also what I call a condition rarity. So, even with all the RF members today, I'll bet you will have a hard time locating a half-dozen RF members with a comparable condition RSS4X of that variation.
Is it worth what he's asking for it? Depends on your "pucker" factor.
Chet15

MMichaelAK

Single-Sixer
See, thing is, Id shoot it myself. So there is no point in it for me but a nice gun. Not quite sure Id part with that much for it, but Ive got to fund other purchases so Ive got competing urges.