Rare Ruger paper for sale

Help Support Ruger Forum:

chet15

Hawkeye
Some Ruger paper for sale.
If anybody wants an item, you have to speak for it here first, then immediately send a confirmation to my email at [email protected]. I'll then confirm the order and let you know what your total is.
Thanks!
Chet15

1. 1961 Catalog two-page foldout, red and black printing, heavy stock slick-type paper…Canadian version with two-line "SUGGESTED CANADIAN PRICE LIST" printed on inside lower right hand corner. This is the only example of this I've seen. Yes, its an export catalog, but normally Export catalogs aren't printed with any prices. This one has $48.50 printed for the Standard Pistol for example, with all prices approximately 29.4% higher to represent Canadian pricing. Other models show the .357 and .44 flattops with all three barrel lengths each, Super Blackhawk, RSS4W, RSS5W, RSSMW, RSS9W, all four Single-Six convertibles, RST4, RST6, T678, Bearcat, Muzzle brake and .22 pistol magazine. On the entire inside is featured the ".44 Carbine". Near mint with three staple marks on left margin that do not detract from the overall appearance. A RARE Ruger catalog printed for the Canadian market…$75. Spoke for

2. 1963 Catalog two-page foldout, red and black printing, heavy stock slick-type paper. Standard Auto priced at $37.50. Models shown include RSS5X, RSSMX, RSS9X, RSS5W, RSSMW (.22 WMR), protected sight .357's, Super Blackhawk, Hawkeye, RST4, RST6, T512, T678, Bearcat, Muzzle brake and magazine. On the inside is featured the .44 Carbine and .44 RS receiver sight model. Near mint…$40. SOLD

3. 1963 Catalog two-page foldout, red and black printing, heavy stock slick-type paper. Same as #2 above except has the additional 5-line blue Ruger applied stamp next to the Hawkeye description "TO BE AVAILABLE IN .221 REM. LATER IN 1963". Has an after print stamped date of "RECEIVED MAR 26, 1963". Excellent condition and tough to find!! $65. SOLD

4. 1964 Catalog two-page foldout, red and black printing, lightweight paper stock. Same as number 2 above except the Standard auto has the printed price of $41.50. Scarce on lightweight paper. Have two of these available at $45 each. One is folded like it was mailed in a legal size envelope and the other is completely flat except the left margin is folded under. This last example has a handwritten date at the top "19/1/66" (probably written on a couple years after this was printed)…$50 each.

5. 1964 Catalog two-page foldout, red and black printing, lightweight paper stock. Same as #4 above except this is the rare export version without printed prices, although some of the Canadian prices are lightly written in in red pen. Excellent condition except for ring-type rectangular binder holes on left margin. RARE!! $75. SOLD

6. 1964 Catalog two-page foldout "Announcing the Ruger 10/22" on front, code date "0464" on back. Printed on heavy type paper. Features the 10/22 on the inside and on the back pictures the new Super Single-Six (a 40000x range pre-production-run gun) with models SC5 and SC6 listed, the Bearcat "now equipped with genuine walnut panels", and the BKH-41 and BKH-42 .41 Blackhawks. $40 SOLD

7. 1964 Catalog two-page foldout "Announcing the Ruger 10/22" on front, code date "0464" on back. Printed on lightweight paper. Same as #6 above except this is the export version, without printed prices. This one would pretty much be mint were it not for the ring-binder holes (as in #5 above) on the left margin. RARE, as are all Ruger printed exported catalogs. $75. SOLD

8. 1965 Catalog three-page foldout, red and black printing. Code date "Form No. 6199SM" on back. Shows cutaway views of Standard Auto and Super Single-Six on front and RST4, RST6, T512 and T678 on back with Walnut gripped Target models. On the inside is featured the BKH34, BKH36, BKH41, BKH42, S47 and three models each for the 10/22 and .44 Carbine including Carbine, fingergroove and International models (none checkered). Yet another scarce catalog…$50. SOLD

9. Original factory press kit photo circa 1950 of the prototype T678 serial number X5. This is THE press kit photo that the American Rifleman used in its test report. When I say this is THE photo, it is the actual photograph that I received from the American Rifleman archivist when I was researching material for my book on .22 autos (printed 1992). On the back is some sort of filing criteria for the Rifleman, with a printed rectangle that has "CAPTION……DATE" WITH "RUGER TARGET MODEL" handwritten in red pencil. Below that is "FILE SECTION" and handwritten in red pencil "TECHNICAL IV-A". $50. SOLD

10. Ruger printed 3-page distributor list from August 1961 (with stamped date of "AUG 28, 1961". Lists 168 distributors from 38 different states. I've never seen another like it. I don't remember for sure, but this may have come from the John Amber estate when I purchased a bunch of early Ruger paper from there in the 1980's…$40 SOLD

11. Interesting 3-1/2" x 3-1/2" Ruger printed paper that probably goes with #10 above. At the top it says "WE DO NOT MAKE RETAIL SALES AT THE FACTORY. PLEASE PLACE A FIRM ORDER WITH A RELIABLE SPORTING GOODS DEALER IN YOUR AREA WHO HAS GOOD WHOLE SALE CONTACTS." Below that in smaller print is "We are unable to recommend specific dealers from whom Ruger pistols and revolvers can be obtained. Our entir production is distributed through about 150 wholesalers throughout the country, who in turn supply the dealer, and we cannot maintain a complete listing of retailers. Delivery of our guns is sometimes delayed owing to the reat backlog of orders att the factory but any established dealer can supply or guns if time is allowed for delivery.". Because this text says "pistols and revolvers", I can only say it dates 1960 or earlier (rifles not noted)….$15 SOLD

12. Original Single-Six discoloration notice. Included with early flatgate Single-Sixes numbered approximately 1000 to 2000. Excellent condition with slight discoloration. $75. SOLD

13. Original undated Single-Six instruction manual with extra Ruger applied two-line stamp "SORRY. NO C.O.D. SHIPMENTS PLEASE REMIT WITH ORDER". Mint except for the fold right down the middle top to bottom, but the original Ruger envelope is included with postage stamp date of Feb. 7, 1955. $80.

14. Ruger air mail envelope postmark dated June 2, 1960 with separate "RUGER PISTOLS AND REVOLVERS" stamp. Addressed to a Mr. Allen Golden, Princeton, Missouri. $20.

15. Ruger reprint of American Rifleman article by James Triggs entitled "Ruger Blackhawk .357 Revolver. Has the Triggs article on the front and a Triggs drawing parts explosion and parts list on the back for the .357 flattop, model BKH34 (Type 1 style flattop). I believe this article was printed in the American Rifleman in the mid to late 1950's. pictured at the top of the front page is what looks to be serial number 218 4-5/8" flattop which I believe is a known gun today. $35.

16. Ruger reprint of American Rifleman article by M.D. Waite on the Ruger Blackhawk Revolver, with received date stamp of Dec. 7, 1962. Since this is date stamped I believe this rare piece of literature also came from the John Amber estate. Printed front and back and again featuring the same .357 flattop as noted in #15 above. $35. SOLD

17. Extremely rare two page printed flyer that measures 9-1/2" x 11", circa March 1957. Features the model BKH4 and BKH3 on one page and the RST4 and RST6 on the other side. Red and black printing with extra 1" margin on left side for putting into a ringed binder (although there are no holes in this). Now that I look at it, this page must also be an export version because there are no prices listed. The only one I've seen. Very fine to excellent condition, $75. SOLD

18. Another rare two page printed flyer that measures 9-1/2" x 11", circa 1958. Shows the Bearcat on one side and the Single-Six (RSS) on other side with Lightweight Single-Six model LWSC also listed. Red and black printing, again with extra 1" margin on left for putting it into a ringed binder). This piece does have prices listed, but is also interesting in that the LWAC is not listed, even though the model was still a part of Ruger's offering in 1958. Very fine to excellent condition with left 2-1/2" split of fold down middle left to right. $75. SOLD

19. Rare two-piece set. Two pieces that measure 3" x 8" long, red and black printing, circa 1959. The first has the new RSSM printed on one side with ballistic info printed on the back. The second piece notes Ruger's new barrel lengths for the Single-Six and Blackhawk with the RSS4 and RSS9 on the front and flattop models BKH40, BKH47, BKH30 and BKH36 on the back. I've only heard of two or three sets of this. Mint condition….$50. Spoke for

20. William B. Ruger signed letterhead of October 24, 1956 on STRATMORE BOND watermarked paper. This letter was actually typed by William B. Ruger as it contains certain "privileged" information, a rarity since most of Ruger's signed letters were done by his secretary. The letter is addressed to Mr. David A. Jones, Box 367, Boone, Iowa and states the following: "Dear Mr. Jones:
Many thanks for your letter of October 18th. We are sure you will like the .44 Magnum caliber Blackhawk revolver. Shipments will begin within the next two weeks but no guns have been sent out at this writing. Your comments regarding future products are interesting and confirm a good many of our own ideas. Our plans for the Single Shot are not fully formulated but it is likely that it will be on the market by this time next year. We are enclosing our folder which describes everything we now make and hope that it gives you the information you want. Very truly yours, William B. Ruger." WBR's signature is in black pen." The catalog was the rare type with tri-color Lightweight pictured along with the .44 flattop (long since sold by me in one of my former catalog collections). A rare Ruger signed letter with some good.44 flattop and .22 tip-up single-shot pistol history. Comes with original envelope postmarked October 25, 1956 with additional "RUGER PISTOLS AND REVOLERS" stamp. (Note…the Dave Jones mentioned in this letter was my brother-in-law's father!). $175. SOLD

21. Another rare piece of literature. A Ruger printed form letter circa July or August 1953 thanking individuals for their "assistance in our survey of jobbers", and the continuing difficulty by Ruger to supply enough product for all the demand that has been received. The 2nd paragraph talks about the new Single-Six with deliveries expected to begin in early September (note that September is crossed out and "OCT" hand stamped in). Single-Six shipments did not begin until December 1953. Black printing. Mint with some aging. $75.

22. Original August 1, 1953 Dealers price sheet. Black printing. Lists Standard pistol, Mark I Target 5-1/4" and 6-7-8" barrels, Single-Six, magazine clip, stag grips, ivory grips, 1 gun presentation case for Single-Six Revolver and 2-gun presentation case for Single-Six revolver. Also lists various other interesting information such as availability of matched pairs of Single-Sixes with consecutive serial numbers, and info that "case hardening, chromed or engraved guns will be available later this year." Mint with faint aging…$75. SOLD

23. Original Ruger printed 1-page form letter circa early to mid 1954 that talks about "Delivery information on the Ruger "Single-Six" Revolver", and the continued issues with getting their production up to speed. Mint with faint aging…$75.

24. Original Ruger printed 1-page listing with "INFORMATION ON ACCESSORIES FOR THE RUGER "SINGLE-SIX" REVOLVER", circa 1953. Includes info on Ruger's developing a "standard design of engraving….but to date this information is not complete….", "Literature illustrating and describing presentation cases for the Single Six revolver is now being prepared and will be available within the next 60 days", 1-gun presentation case for Single-Six$16, 2-gun presentation case for Single-Six $18. Also info on availability of "matched pairs of Single-Sixes", stag and ivory grip panels offered as accessories only, info on case hardening "not available at present time" and info on chromed guns "not available at present time". Mint with faint aging…$75.

25. 3 attached pieces of 5-1/2" x 8-1/2" graph paper type stationery with Ruger eagle logo and printed with "From the desk of: William B. Ruger". $30.

26. A huge rarity! For a few short months a man by the name of Gary W. French was named as Ruger's president (I believe this was in the late 1980's. This is his Ruger printed business card. The story is that one day Gary French confronted Bill Ruger about where his office was going to be and Bill Ruger shot back in his usual terse rumblings something to the effect of "Well, if you want an office you can go work somewhere else!". And that was that for Mr. French! Anyway, here's his business card, not mint but a rarity none-the-less! $30. SOLD

27. Ruger printed 8-1/2" by 11" glossy (card stock paper) of the one millionth Ruger Standard auto pistol with information on the gun and its impending 1980 auction status printed on the back. This is a fairly common piece of literature but this one is signed Bill Ruger, Jr. in the lower right hand corner. Folded down the middle left to right….$40.

28. Same as above except a different view of the 1 millionth pistol with its case, and auction form printed on the back. This piece is also signed Bill Ruger, Jr. on the front. Folded to fit in a business type envelope…$40.

Other instruction manuals…

29. Original 1/3/63 Hawkeye with Ruger applied blue "Notice" of "Excess oil in chamber may cause breech to open hard after firing". Mint….have several. $25 each.

30. SRM/10-82 .357 Maximum, $20. SOLD
31. Old Model Single-Six and Super Single-Six, R25-9-72…$15
32. Old Model Single-Six, Revised 8/1/59 with "RP-20M-8-59" code date on back, near mint…$25
33. M77 code date 10-6-1-69…$10 SOLD
34. M77 code date R10/7-70…$10 SOLD
35. M77 code date R25/10-72…$10
36. Ruger Security-Six code date 5-6-70…$10 SOLD
37. Ruger Mark I Target and Standard Model pistol code date 6-70. two available, $10 each.

contender

Ruger Guru
Chad,
I'll take the following;
#8 the 1965 catalog
#10 the distributor list
#11 that goes with #10
#22 the 1953 Dealer price sheet.

BlkHawk73

Hunter
Really like paper goods. I'll go with…

#26 - French business card
#29 - Hawkeye manual

e-mail en route

salem103

Bearcat
I'm interested, but what are these? tell me more

33. M77 code date 10-6-1-69…$10
34. M77 code date R10/7-70…$10

chet15

Hawkeye
salem103 said:
I'm interested, but what are these? tell me more

33. M77 code date 10-6-1-69…$10
34. M77 code date R10/7-70…$10

These are instruction manuals for the M77 rifle with different print dates on them. So, depending on when your guns were shipped, they would need these particular manuals. I'd have to look in my notes to see if there were different dates between the three that are listed, but pretty sure the 1/69 and 7/70 dated manuals were printed one after the other. Don't remember right now if there is a '71 date or not.
Chet15

DB30

Blackhawk
Chet,
If still available, I would like #36. Please PM address and I'll mail payment. Thank you.
Regards,
DB