"Rare Fire Rainbow"

Help Support Ruger Forum:

T.A. WORKMAN

Hunter
THIS NEXT PICTURE IS A FIRE RAINBOW - THE RAREST OF ALL NATURALLY OCCURRING ATMOSPHERIC PHENOMENA.

THE PICTURE WAS CAPTURED THIS WEEK ON THE IDAHO / WASHINGTON BORDER. THE EVENT LASTED ABOUT 1 HOUR.

CLOUDS HAVE TO BE CIRRUS, AT LEAST 20.000 FEET IN THE AIR, WITH JUST THE RIGHT AMOUNT OF ICE CRYSTALS AND THE SUN HAS TO HIT THE CLOUDS AT PRECISELY 58 DEGREES.

Beautiful sight! Pass along for others to see!!

ATT00037.jpg

Moore-D

Bearcat
THIS NEXT PICTURE IS A FIRE RAINBOW - THE RAREST OF ALL NATURALLY OCCURRING ATMOSPHERIC PHENOMENA.

THE PICTURE WAS CAPTURED THIS WEEK ON THE IDAHO / WASHINGTON BORDER. THE EVENT LASTED ABOUT 1 HOUR.

CLOUDS HAVE TO BE CIRRUS, AT LEAST 20.000 FEET IN THE AIR, WITH JUST THE RIGHT AMOUNT OF ICE CRYSTALS AND THE SUN HAS TO HIT THE CLOUDS AT PRECISELY 58 DEGREES.

Although it is an awesome picture of an actual fire rainbow, and it was taken in Idaho on the Washington border..........
It was taken over 3 years ago. I have seen several incarnations of an e-mail since the picture was taken.

That is truly awesome!
Do you have a larger copy (1024 X 768 ish) squirreled away somewhere? It is about time for me to change my wallpaper.

The biggest size picture I could find out there is only 976 x 656, which looks grainy streched out on a desktop background. You may be able to find another, but I tend to think the original source photograph was not the best quality, or that it has been passed around so much it has degraded to smaller sizes.

Here is a link to quite a few pictures of fire rainbows:

http://images.google.ca/images?hl=en&um=1&q=fire+rainbow&sa=N&start=18&ndsp=18

Cheers,
Moore-D

T.A. WORKMAN

Hunter
Moore-D":pn4lc651 said:

Although it is an awesome picture of an actual fire rainbow, and it was taken in Idaho on the Washington border..........
It was taken over 3 years ago. I have seen several incarnations of an e-mail since the picture was taken.

That is truly awesome!
Do you have a larger copy (1024 X 768 ish) squirreled away somewhere? It is about time for me to change my wallpaper.

The biggest size picture I could find out there is only 976 x 656, which looks grainy streched out on a desktop background. You may be able to find another, but I tend to think the original source photograph was not the best quality, or that it has been passed around so much it has degraded to smaller sizes.

Here is a link to quite a few pictures of fire rainbows:

http://images.google.ca/images?hl=en&um=1&q=fire+rainbow&sa=N&start=18&ndsp=18

Cheers,
Moore-D

Moore-D,
I have no idea when the picture was taken!!!! I got it as an email from a friend thought I would share.

Moore-D

Bearcat
Sorry, I just assumed you had written the part of: "THE PICTURE WAS CAPTURED THIS WEEK ON THE IDAHO / WASHINGTON BORDER"

One of the reasons I posted what I did was someone else had posted this picture on another forum for John Deere tractors that I belong to. There was a heated debate whether the picture was real or not. If you look close at the picture it looks a little funny. Almost like a photo that had been painted onto? Finally it was cleared up that this is indeed a actual picture taken in Idaho a few years ago.

None the less, still an awesome phenomenon, that doesn't happen very often. Most folks may never get a chance to ever see one of these personally.
Sorry if I came off the wrong way (like a know-it-all) it certainly wasn't my intention.

Moore-D

gunman42782

Hunter
That is one of the coolest things I have ever seen! I have never even heard of a "fire rainbow"!

Latest posts