rapid-fire/semi-rapid

Help Support Ruger Forum:

tightgrouper

Bearcat
Is there a clear definition of rapid-fire with semi-auto pistols?

Also, is 'semi-rapid' defined?..2rds per second???

pistolpete

Single-Sixer
I don't know? If you go on youtube you can see people shooting their p95s with 32 round mags and they appear to be pump firing. Almost like an automatic at times.

Snake45

Hawkeye
tightgrouper":98nplz6y said:
Is there a clear definition of rapid-fire with semi-auto pistols?
It's as fast as you can hit what you're shooting at.

"Rapid noise" is just wasteful, dangerous, and stupid.

tightgrouper

Bearcat
pistolpete":2cj6ntxu said:
I don't know? If you go on youtube you can see people shooting their p95s with 32 round mags and they appear to be pump firing. Almost like an automatic at times.

Are you talking about "bump-firing"?..like how you can do with a rifle? It's almost like full auto with a rifle. You have to use 2 hands though, to achieve a bump-fire because your trigger grip is loosened, and your other hand works against the recoil making the rifle bounce back off your trigger hand to fire off each recoil.
poor explanation, but is that what you're talking about?

Snake45, that makes good sense. I've noticed, when someone shoots "rapid-fire" with a pistol, they only show the guy jerking rounds off quickly. :roll: No successful holes.
I try to hit the target as fast as I can sometimes. I need to time it next time, but i figure I get about 2rds a second off, still hitting the target. so that's rapid-fire for me.

Cheesewhiz

Hunter
I shoot rapid fire silhouettes, mostly for fun now. Shot them at 25yds on outdoor ranges, shoot them mostly at 50' at indoor ranges now with a reduced target. I normally can shoot 3 five round mags in ten seconds or less. A fifteen round mag in less than 5 seconds. It is point shooting for sure, sometimes, I'm fairly good at it.

This was shot some time back, 50', fifteen rounds, two mag changes, less than 10 seconds total.

DSCI0012.jpg

tightgrouper

Bearcat
nice shooting Cheesewhiz!

I have some land about 45minutes inland that was pioneered by an ancestor almost 150yrs ago. That's where I grew up hunting, fresh-water fishing, and frequent plinking right off the porch of my camp house lately...since my new found interest in handguns.

I usually shoot handguns from about 20'-25'.
This was the first time I've ever shot my new P95 from 70'. 2nd time I've ever shot a pistol from more than about 30'.
The P95 has a round count of 400 as of yesterday. 200 1st time out. 200 yesterday.

again, that's from 70'. standing.