Rambling story about a clock

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Pat-inCO

Hawkeye
My SIL called me on Tuesday asking for the things I usually bring over on Wednesday. I asked if it was not
Tuesday and he was embarrassed. - - - SOoo, I got him a digital clock for his office that also has the name
of the day of the week, as a gag gift. Oh well.

Clock arrived today and I went to set it up for him to make sure all he had to do was use it. - - - WOW!
consistently inconsistent instructions. First you have to read not just what you want to do (based on
what it says in the index), you have to read most of a page PAST what you need to find the "oh by the way"
instructions that allow you to get the items done. - - - As if that weren't enough, the instructions for setting
the time zone are . . incorrect on page 3, but correct on page 4. (ROLL EYES).

I'm finding more and more examples of this types of "stuff" in/on new fangled do-dads.

Rhetorical question: WHY can't manufacturers (this is from AZ), clean up their instruction manuals?

At least now he will have a clock in 24hour format (he is retired LEO), that has the name of the day
included. ;-)

Jimbo357mag

Hawkeye
I like analog clocks and calendars on the wall. During the time change of after a power outage I dread having to reset all the clocks. Some clocks like on my computer seem to take care of themselves and I like that.

We have a clock on our oven. After you set the time, you have to press 1 for “AM” or 2 for “PM.” I always laugh when I set the time, I guess the oven can’t look outside and see if the sun is shining.

My wife had a car. The time was displayed, along with the date. Day, Month AND Year. As if someone would forget what year they are in.

mistermills357

Blackhawk
I wear a Casio wrist watch, it’s dependable and easy to set. If I had to pass a psychological test about what day it is, I would look at my watch, or ask to see the psychologists computer monitor.

I consider a manual to be OK if the translation from whatever language it was originally written in is coherent enough in English to be at least semi-comprehensible. ;)

Any written manual is better than some of the hieroglyphics with the three armed and a questionable appendage space alien drawing of whatever it is you're supposed to push or pull on. Half the time it would be easier to translate a foreign language then figuring out the "universal" symbols. I have a one finger universal symbol for whoever's responsible!

GLASSMAN

Blackhawk
I go by 3 clocks.
One on my kitchen soffit, One on the wall in my shop and the one on my phone.
I need that phone display to remind me of the days date often.

Had an 'Atomic' digital clock that got its time from Colorado everyday a few years back... it started to go nuts and I would have to reset it every couple of days... something like it would either jump backwards 11 hours or ahead 36.... I got so tired of the Chinese piece of crap (sorry) I killed it and actually made a YouTube video of it... so long ago the resolution is pretty bad...but fun and actually Ruger related:

Latest posts