Ram shot gun powder

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Anyone using any of the Hunter powder and any thoughts how it compares to imr 4350 in the same cartridge. While at it, anyone have issues with any of the ram shot powders. I am just wondering, never used any. A local shop has the hunter powder a lot of it at $40 per lb. said it's nearly equal to imr 4350. Load data shows its close. Thanks.

I have an opened 8# jug of RS Hunter but unfortunately I can't remember what I used it for. I did see a couple of boxes of 25/06 ammo with this listed as the powder so must have been good enough. At the time of purchase, it was probably significantly cheaper than IMR.

Thanks, yep, it's 40 bucks a lb compared to IMR powders at 59. I have Christenson Arms .308 cal bolt action rifle coming in next week. I have several lbs of IMR 4350 and 1 left of H4350. I use that stuff mainly in 2 rifles now and could use it in more. I am thinking of buying a lb and use it in the new .308. At least through the barrel break in. That company lists 50 rounds 1st of shoot a few, clean shoot a few more and clean til 50. With hunting season on now it may be awhile to get the testing done.