RABBIT SAFARI IN WYOMING

Help Support Ruger Forum:

sixshot

Buckeye
The day after Christmas me & 2 of my son's drove over to Wyoming & a fun day of cottontail hunting, as always I was packing 2 sixguns, my Ruger 32 maggie & my 10 shot 617 S&W with a red dot on top. The boys were using a Marlin 39A & a model 63 winchester (74 yrs old)
The first place we hunted was a little too open & all we got was a few jackrabbits, these speed merchants would jump up at 50 yds & cover another 10-15 yds before you could get your gun up, they were really hoofing it across the frozen snow.
A little later we drove to another area that had heavy sagebrush with little gullies & draws, ideal for cottontails. It didn't take long to get the party started, I spotted what looked like a bunny but the boys thought it was a dirt clod, Travis said, if thats a rabbit I'm buying the pizza......at the shot the cottontail flipped over & I told Travis that mushrooms & Pepperoni would be fine!
I shot everyone of mine with the 32 maggie using a 100 gr cast slug & 3 grs of WST, this is a nice easy shooting load that runs about 950 fps from my 6 1/2" Ruger, its great for bunny busting. We finished with 23 rabbits in about 5 hrs hunting, great day to be outdoors. My longest shot was 35 yds, the little 32 is a shooter, I love it!

100_2250-1.jpg

100_2251-1.jpg

A pretty good day in Big Wonderful Wyoming!

100_2252-1.jpg

Dick

Spencer

Single-Sixer
Do I smell rabbit in the dutch oven????

sounds like a great day Dick, congrats on all the fun.

Jeff Hoover

Blackhawk
Dick, is it true Callshot hunts rabbitts on a pogo stick ? When he gets his bouncing timed to the rabbitts hopping, he lines up the sights, and shoots. :D

Looked like a great family outing.

deac45

Single-Sixer
I thought it was duck season!

Great pics sixshot! Looks like a good time was had by all.

deac45

AkRay

Single-Sixer
It's too bad those little bunnies aren't more hardy. I'd love to be able to hunt them here in Alaska. If it were possible, I'm sure someone would have already done it.

contender

Ruger Guru
I just broke up laughing at the mental pic of callshot on a pogo stick,, training wheels,, & grenades,! :D :D
I love the story & the pics. As always,, great shooting, and the time afield with 2 of the boys,, well, it's a great day. BTW; How was the pizza?

callshot

Blackhawk
Hey Fellers. Am I the Rodney Dangerfield of this here forum. I will have ya'all know that I can ride a pogo stick with training wheels and the grenades come in quite handy while chasing wild vermin! :shock: If you all ain't tried it, don't knock it. If you all could take the binkies out of your mouths long enough to draw a breath of fresh air, you would know just how much fun I have on my pogo stick. :D I haven't had to ride my wifes' older two toned convertible broom stick in years. :lol: What I want to know is How did you all get away from the table long enough to write all this stuff here :?: Just because you all live in the worlds largest play ground, you don't need to be the bullies for us persons with MAGNAMINOUS PERSONALITIES 8) who are trying to keep this nation on track for a few more years. Thank you very much? and have a nice day unless you have made other plans. :roll: Steve

Jeff Hoover

Blackhawk
Did you all see the Artic Circles new mascot ? Callshot dressed in polar bear jammies, with scarves around their necks, Woolrich plaid vest, blaze orange ear flap hat, bouncing on a pogo stick, yelling, Huckleberry shakes ! Huckleberry shakes ! As he passes out coupons for same to any well wishers, or gawkers.

Steve you know we love you ! Like someone told me one time, it's when people STOP joking around with you, when it's time to worry ! Take care, Buddy ! :D

moisha

Bearcat
I know what Sixshot and Callshot are a pair of. They are a pair of Jokers :lol: :lol: After reading what they post, that is about the easiest thing to figure out. :D :D Moisha