R.I.P. LCR ? (Gone From The Catalog)

Help Support Ruger Forum:

pete44ru

Hunter
It sure looks like "Another one bit the dust" - The Ruger LCR .38 Special.

I just picked up a new, Ruger 2009 catalog - "This is RUGER. This is AMERICA. - the 2009 catalog of Rugged, Reliable Firearms."

It's easily the thickest (over 1/4"), most comprehensive Ruger catalog I've ever seen - MILES ahead of the paper folders of 40 years ago.

There's NO mention, or listing, OR pic of the .38 Special Ruger LCR. :shock:

Grendel

Single-Sixer
As previously mentioned, the LCR is still listed on the Ruger site, as well as in the online catalog. Since the gun made it's debut at the beginning of '09, and items like catalogs and whatnot are sent to press several months before they're released, it's likely that the '09 print catalog was sent to press before the public debut of the LCR. Now, if the LCR wasn't in a 2010 catalog, then the possibility of the gun being discontinued would be more of a possibility, but given the above information, I think it's safe to say that they'll be sticking with it a while.

-JT

Greg F.

Single-Sixer
That catalog was printed and came out before the LCR was released. It'll be in next years catalog.

pete44ru

Hunter
The FFL I obtained this catalog from usually gets them in ASAP after they're available - and today was the first time this year I've seen it.

The catalog, unlike other Ruger pubs like owner's manuals, has no publication date.

There's a section for the new 50th Anniv Super BH - but no Montado Cowboy revolver, which IIRC was introduced last Fall.

Likewise, there's no mention of the .44 Special BH, either.

There are some new chamberings for the Hawkeye & #1, that were also Spring 2009 intros.

Curious.

mike7mm08

Buckeye
Keep in mind the 44 special were a distributor special which never make it the catalog. The other spring intros were nothing secret. The LCR was know of by very very few until it was introduced. Ruger did not want to risk the LCR being leaked if the info was sent to the printer.

The LCR never made the 2009 catalog. It was the first of several new products that aren't in the 09 catalog. They definately will be selling the LCR for some time, just as fast as they can make them!!! IMHO.

Yosemite Sam

Hunter
I hadn't even noticed the "2009" reference. I would expect the 2010 catalog to be out any day now. Dates on publications are a joke, especially in this fast paced, network connected world.

-- Sam

claydoctor

Bearcat
The way Ruger usually works, I would have expected the LCR to have first appeared in the 2005 catalog.

kk9z

Bearcat
I received the PDF of the 2010 Ruger price list yesterday morning. The LCR is definitely in the line for 2010! Here is the line listing for both models:

LCR Double Action Revolvers
Small Frame Double Action Revolver - Blued, Fixed Sights, Synergistic Hard Coat, 5-shot
5401 LCR 1-7/8" bbl. .38 Special +P, Hogue monogrip . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .525.00
5402 LCR-LG 1-7/8" bbl. .38 Special +P, laser grips . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .792.00

Sorry for the crappy formatting, but it was the best I could do quickly with "cut and paste"

mm6mm6

Blackhawk
Boy, this is how very detrimental rumors to a manufacturer's product get started. Yikes!

The LCR is in Ruger's 2010 Law Enforcement catalog. The LCR will be around for a very, very, very long time.

tomiswho

Single-Sixer
kk9z":2ypxls6s said:
I received the PDF of the 2010 Ruger price list yesterday morning. The LCR is definitely in the line for 2010! Here is the line listing for both models:

LCR Double Action Revolvers
Small Frame Double Action Revolver - Blued, Fixed Sights, Synergistic Hard Coat, 5-shot
5401 LCR 1-7/8" bbl. .38 Special +P, Hogue monogrip . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .525.00
5402 LCR-LG 1-7/8" bbl. .38 Special +P, laser grips . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .792.00

Sorry for the crappy formatting, but it was the best I could do quickly with "cut and paste"

Need the dealer pricing, not suggested retail. Thanks! :)

GP100owner

Bearcat
I have a copy of the 2009 catalog too. I got it a few weeks ago, and didn't see the LCR in there. Know what my first thought was?

"The 2010 catalog is right around the corner, since 2009 is almost over. And they'd of printed the 2009 catalog in 2008, so I'm sure it will be prominent in the 2010 catalog."

The thought to post a RIP thread certainly never crossed my mind.

Rick Courtright

Hawkeye
tomiswho":2za45dzi said:
Need the dealer pricing, not suggested retail. Thanks! :)

Hi,

I know pricing schemes are somewhat regional, but in my neighborhood here in SoCal, 75% of MSRP will usually get you in the ballpark for "regular" guns (not special editions, hi-demand models, that kind of stuff.)

Rick C

WyoGunner

Single-Sixer
From a Wyo dealer that usually has pretty fair prices. Not that it will help you much Tom, but at least it will give you an idea.

1) 1.875" barrel = $499+tax
2) CT version = $639+tax

Latest posts