Qwik-Kit Seville

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Lee Martin

Hunter
After searching for 15 years, I finally found a Bisbee, AZ built Qwik-Kit Seville:

Qwik_Kit_Seville.jpg

Only around 40 were manufactured in Bisbee and this one is NIB (357 Mag, 44 Mag, and 45 Colt). The tools on the right allowed the user to change calibers in about a minute.

------------------
Lee Martin
singleactions.jpg

41 mag fan

Single-Sixer
Great find. It reminds me of the Dan Wessons that came with several barrels that yoiu could switch barrel lengths in a minute or two.

------------------
It's a beautiful day in paradise. (Now I just have to find paradise.)

RUFFBIRD

Blackhawk
nice find Lee,... & unfired is sweet!
smile.gif

i never knew they even made them this way. thanks for posting it for us to see, learn about, & enjoy.

------------------
Ruffbird.

A true American, just happen to live north of the forty ninth. "GOD BLESS AMERICA"

Odie808

Single-Sixer
Very nice, you do find some interesting toys.
Do you have any Virgina Dragoons ?

------------------
OdieBob
With guns, we are 'citizens'.
Without them, we are 'subjects'

oregon73

Blackhawk
Looks like a really neat gun, Lee. Tell me, though--I could just imagine someone swapping out cylinders and then forgetting the barrel....or the other way around. That wouldn't be goodIdiotic as that may sound, is it possible?

Very nice, though!

oregon73

Lee Martin

Hunter
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face=" Verdana">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Odie808:
<B>Very nice, you do find some interesting toys.
Do you have any Virgina Dragoons ?

</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ya, I have a bunch of Virginian Dragoons.....used to buy them in the 90s when you could get them for $150 - $200. There's an article on my website that provides some history on this model if you're interested.

------------------
Lee Martin
singleactions.jpg

Lee Martin

Hunter
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face=" Verdana">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by oregon73:
<B>Looks like a really neat gun, Lee. Tell me, though--I could just imagine someone swapping out cylinders and then forgetting the barrel....or the other way around. That wouldn't be goodIdiotic as that may sound, is it possible?

oregon73</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually, Ray Herriott of Centaur Arms designed the Qwik-Kit and had a solution to that potential problem. The answer was to alter the amount of barrel-to-frame protrusion and cylinder length. For instance, the 357 Magnum cylinders were the shortest and had the most barrel protrusion. The 45 Colt kits had the longest cylinder and least amount of barrel protrusion. Because of this, it was impossible to install a 357 barrel and fit a 45 Colt cylinder in the frame.

------------------
Lee Martin
singleactions.jpg

Lee Martin

Hunter
John....welcome to the forum.

For those of you that don't know John, he's the son of Sig Himmelmann who designed the Seville/El Dorado/Abilene line of single-actions.

------------------
Lee Martin
singleactions.jpg

Lucky Joe

seville, - John,

Welcome and thanks for becoming a member here. I am enjoying learning the history of these guns, you and Lee are a wealth of knowledge. I have over 9,000 firearm related magazines and books, where would articles about the Seville
's be published? Also how many of the Quik-Kits are accounted for. Thanks and again welcome.

------------------
Lucky Joe

"There's always a way."

[This message has been edited by Lucky Joe (edited 06-29-2007).]

seville

Bearcat
Your asking a lot. Donald Shumar wrote for GUNS magazine. I believe he wrote an article. Lee also has a copy of an article and maybe he can post the writer and magazine?

Also to read more go to www.singleactions.com Lee's article is a very comprehensive article on the history.

------------------
John Himmelmann
"Seville"

John Himmelmann,
Wow! I went to the Catholic high school in Riverhead, LI. I grew up right outside of Brookhaven in a town called Ridge, Lake Panamoka. My HS was Mercy HS.
Why write?? I am a retired Military pilot now gun store owner. I had a guy who came in with a El Dorodo 44 Mag. All Stainless. I felt the action.....got impressed looked that it was made in Happauge, LI and I knew I had to have it as I traded a used Walther P22 with holster and laser for it, that is what he wanted.
I eagerly looked up the history and now cannot wait to hunt with it. It is like your Dads company followed along with me from LI to Western NC.
If you get this, drop me a line as we may know some of the same from LI.
PolishTown, NY ..Riverhead, LI.....A Large banner sign that was cllose to St. Isadores School, I went to Saint John's very close by.
This is a spectacular wheel gun, the craftmanship showed itself off before I looked it up.
Great history John.
Steve Myler

flatgate

Hawkeye
Lee, that's a fantastic find. I remember reading about those kits when they were first introduced......

John,

Welcome to Ruger Forum!

flatgate

don44

Hunter
That is really something. Always liked Bisbee, Az .... for what it's worth.

Lee Martin

Hunter
Neat to see this thread resurrected (it's almost 4 years old). It reminds me how glad I was to find that kit. I had a Tucson Qwik-Kit Seville previously, but always wanted a Bisbee version due to their rarity.