questions

Help Support Ruger Forum:

fez

Bearcat
would extractor tension be compromised if taken out at every cleaning? My clip which keeps the recoil spring captive is gone.Is it necessary as pistol shoots fine(kp95d)? Hello to all.Just joined.

I_Like_Pie

Blackhawk
No need to take all that out during cleanings. Get the barrel clean, remove powder residue, lube, and wipe down with oil/silicone cloth is all that it should ever need.

Welcome to the forum!

fez

Bearcat
Thanks for the info.By the way what about the missing clip to keep recoil spring captive? Is it ok to use without it? Pistol seems to shoot fine w/o it.

Jumping Frog

Bearcat
fez":z68aktyy said:
Is it ok to use without it? Pistol seems to shoot fine w/o it.
Why in the world wouldn't you just get the thing fixed and keep your firearm in safe and proper working condition? What's a clip going to cost? $10? Jeeez.

TruthNotRelative

Single-Sixer
"Why in the world wouldn't you just get the thing fixed and keep your firearm in safe and proper working condition? What's a clip going to cost? $10? Jeeez."

Take it easy "Frog", it's perfectly safe without it. Geeeze

tkarter

Single-Sixer
I do believe ruger will send you a whole new guide rod and spring assembly for that missing clip.

The gun will run fine without it.

tk

Jumping Frog

Bearcat
tkarter":mfnaw7wh said:
I do believe ruger will send you a whole new guide rod and spring assembly for that missing clip.
That's my point, why not just take care of business. It isn't about whether it can work or not.

fez

Bearcat
$10 for a clip?? What's it made of,gold?? I could buy a box of ammo for that.I'll see if I can get a free one from Ruger.If not I can live without it.Thanks.

Latest posts