Question SR-556 serial number

Help Support Ruger Forum:

cluelesspa

Bearcat
I just got mine today and the serial number was 590-017XX

supposedly arrived at the gun store Monday Aug 3rd (ooops yeah not 10th :oops: )

I wonder if there is a way to tell when your gun was made from serial number

cluelesspa

Bearcat
interesting the Rugar from the 1st review online I saw before they released them has a higher serial number:

DSC07702.JPG

reviewed on May 15, 2009:
http://www.gunblast.com/Ruger-SR556.htm

gt52842

Bearcat
Give Ruger a call and ask for their records dept. The ser.# on mine is 590- 16XXX. and I picked it up around the 20th of June. Enjoy your new SR-556, Gary. :)

cluelesspa

Bearcat
so it is strange....

there has to be some order to the serial numbers but I dont see it. I wonder if they prebuilt a ton of SR-556's and then shipped them out in random lots so that the serial numbers were jumbled...

cluelesspa

Bearcat
I was trying to tie something like you tried on the other forum (not RugerForum) to link the BFG and Trigger Pin Issues and Serial Numbers.

deadduck... I think you had posted elsewhere that your BFG looked different then others?

cuerno-de-chivo

Bearcat
I wonder if Ruger is getting their lowers from several sources. Maybe different receivers from different contractors has a unique serial number sequence.

deadduck357

Single-Sixer
cluelesspa":369o85bk said:
I was trying to tie something like you tried on the other forum (not RugerForum) to link the BFG and Trigger Pin Issues and Serial Numbers.

deadduck... I think you had posted elsewhere that your BFG looked different then others?

I have seen pics of two different ones

cluelesspa

Bearcat
deadduck357":2jvccps9 said:
cluelesspa":2jvccps9 said:

Can you find the pics and post here?

cluelesspa

Bearcat
deadduck357":2br5wkxn said:
cluelesspa":2br5wkxn said:

Here is mine:

690e13f8.jpg

040a5afb.jpg

3be411d0.jpg

deadduck357

Single-Sixer
cluelesspa":8v8uex6y said:
deadduck357":8v8uex6y said:
cluelesspa":8v8uex6y said:

Here is mine:

690e13f8.jpg

040a5afb.jpg

3be411d0.jpg

Mine is identical to yours