Question ref new Vaquero Bisley

Help Support Ruger Forum:

louiethelump

Buckeye
I am thinking of buying one of the new Vaquero Bisley models in polished SS that come with the white plastic grips. Here are my questions:

1) is that the same Bisley grip frame as the previous Bisley guns?

2) Will the other Bisley grips work on that gun, or is it a lock version and has to have a cut out on the back or something?

3) If the answers to one and two are no, are there any real wood grips being made that will fit it? I like the gun, but don't like plastic grips.

Thanks in advance

Louie

caryc

Hawkeye
I haven't heard of any Bisleys with a lock yet. It should be the same stainless frame used on all the Bisleys.

What is the model number? The models with the locks all have an "L" in their numbers.

The only ones that need the recess for the locks are the guns made with the New XR3 grip frame since it's only .437" in width and the locks are wider than that.

The only guns that I know of that have the New XR3 steel grip frame are the New Vaquero, the two 50th Anniversary Flattops and the Lipseys .44 special flattop.

louiethelump

Buckeye
OK, thanks. It is a new vaquero, but with a Bisley grip frame........... I don't know the model number.......... I thought maybe it was the next step in the evolution of the locking Ruger........ I don't really care about the lock,,,,,,,,,,, I just want some wood grips if I get one....................

Louie

caryc

Hawkeye
louiethelump":seukfrr5 said:
Those are the ones. So they use standard Bisley grips then?

Thanks very much!!

Louie

Yes, as far as I know, Ruger has produced only one stainless steel Bisley grip frame.

Latest posts