Question & Price Check On RH-28

Help Support Ruger Forum:

lovemydals

Buckeye
While attending a gun show in NorCal over the weekend, I was offered a LNIB OM Hawkeye s/n 644. The seller is asking $2000 firm. The box is numbered to the pistol & both are in 99% condition. The barrel is drilled & tapped with two small screws. My question is; is this factory original? The seller said he bought it new, but doesn't remember when.

lmd

Yes, the two "plugged" tapped holes in the top if the barrel are the factory-original provision for mounting a 'scope.

Best price I've seen on a 99% gun/box for a long time.

:)

lovemydals

Buckeye
Just called the seller. He changed his mind & pulled it off the market. Shortly afterwords, he asked how much is it worth & I said $2000. Then he replied if someone wants to pay $3000, he would sell it. Sorry it played out this way. If he changes his mind, I will update this post.

lmd

ya snooze , ya lose...........................thats why much of collecting is 'timing" , gotta know this stuff, and make your move, otherwise, they too get 'smart" in the meantime, and some clown will tell them its worth a million dollars but I am NOT interested in it at this time...duh

last two hawkeyes I bought, saw them at shows for well UNDER the price you cited above ( but no boxes) and got one for each of my fellow collectors, one went to Bowling Green and the other went to Litchfield.....Both were 3 digit guns by the way.....

someday will have to write that book ..."The Guns I Used To Own..." Vol 1
:roll: :roll:

chet15

Hawkeye
But then some like to play games too.
Been there, experienced that....many times. Its called Ruger Phishing.
Chet15

HAWKEYE#28

Staff member
Very fair price(2K), if you need it, even in today's declined market. That gun, w/o box, sold for 2800 to 3100 a year and one half ago. Very respectable guns have been relisted multiple times on GB over the past 60 days. Never met sellers' reserve, which I understood was somewhat over 2200. I am fortunate, and, the H'eye Girls say they have a full table, for now, what with their poor Cousin who recently showed up on the Bus from Albuquerque. Funny, she wants to hang out with the other three screw Boys....... :roll: :shock: 8)