Question on value of M77 Mark ii 30-06

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Arkruger

Bearcat
Hey gang. I have a M77 Mk ii 30-06 in SS and with the comp. skeleton stock and am thinking about selling it but I have NO idea how much its worth. I have searched on Gun broker but haven't found one to campare it with. I have a scope on it and know how much its worth, so how much for just this gun? :? :? Thanks!

This is my gun to give you an idea on condition...

DSCF0043.jpg

DSCF0045.jpg

DSCF0046.jpg

wwb

Hunter
Not sure on the value of the rifle, but pull the scope off and sell it separately.

A Bushnell scope, mounted, adds approximately $0 to the selling price. A Leupold VX III, a Zeiss, A Swarovski, etc, will add about 2/3 of the scope value, but less expensive scopes are a "gimme" when still mounted.

Arkruger

Bearcat
wwb":1fnlhojo said:
Not sure on the value of the rifle, but pull the scope off and sell it separately.

A Bushnell scope, mounted, adds approximately $0 to the selling price. A Leupold VX III, a Zeiss, A Swarovski, etc, will add about 2/3 of the scope value, but less expensive scopes are a "gimme" when still mounted.

Good point WWB. Thanks!

Anyone have an idea on price for the gun? I really have no idea. :(

MMichaelAK

Single-Sixer
I just sold a .243 Winchester M77 mkII in stainless with the same skeleton stock for $425.00. No scope , with rings.

mattsbox99

Hunter
It depends on who you are selling it to, a private party will probably pay $350-$400 (30/06s are too common to get much more) a shop won't give more than $200 for it, maybe $250 towards a trade.

WWB is right on about the scope.

stanimals2

Bearcat
they bring around 450 regularly, for some reason the skeleton stock is slowly becoming desireble though I have no idea why

VHRAM

Bearcat
I picked one up with the standard stock private party for 300.00 + fees 2 months ago. I bought a skeleton stock to put on it, to match my other one I have.