Question on interchanging mags in a Mark II

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Yesterday a guy took my unused spare mag from my Mark II and converted it so it works in my Mark I/Standard model. I went to the gunstore today to buy a replacement for my Mark II (the Mark I is my wife's and can now hold 10 rounds). They had Mark I 9-round mags in stock! This is after I first called to see if I could get a replacement mag for the Mk I pistol and they said no. They also had Mark III mags in stock. he said he can't get Mark II mags. Will a Mark III mag fit a Mark II? I've never had a Mark III so I don't know how they are made. Thanks.

not unless you remove the locking tab on the front edge of the MKIII for the "catch" ( mag release is now located up towards the top ,left side for easier removal), instead of the early "european style bottom catch " on the rst;s Mk Is and Mk IIs....they did move it up earlier on the 22/45s...we still MK II mags at all the gun shows around here, think they designate them Mag 10.......they do make a "plastic" bottom ,colored in a matte silver finish for the old models , and they must still be 9 rounders...this is so those shooters don't loose count or track of how many shoots are stilll in the gun :roll: ( 10 shots messes their count..........) 8)