question for you grip makers

Help Support Ruger Forum:

ar15ed

Single-Sixer
i have seen some fine grips made by some of you guys! i have a question or two for you. i bought a vaquero with a really nice set of custom walnut grips. i have an old set of black eagle medallions i would like to install in them. i actually installed a set of medallions in a set of plastic grips a while back, and did a nice job, but these medallions have a "nub" on the back of them that is probably 1/4 inch in diameter. the other ones i installed were flat on the back. i just used a forstner bit, and carefully removed material until they would fit flush, and then epoxied them in.

do i need to use the 1/2 inch forstner first, then do another cut with a 1/4 inch forstner, or just do the 1/2 forstner, then drill the center all the way through? then epoxy? i guess the bit needs to be turning pretty fast.

any advice is appreciated! i would like to have a pretty good idea of what i am gonna do before i start on them. i really don't want to mess them up!

ar15ed

Single-Sixer
i got the medallions out, and the little nubs on the back are closer to 1/8 inch diameter, and i looked at some other grips, and the nub will definitely go all the way through.

Latest posts