Question for SR-556 Owners -How did your gun arrive Packaged

Help Support Ruger Forum:

cluelesspa

Bearcat
Question how did your Gun arrive? I have seen pictures online where the MAGs are all shrink wrapped onto a white cardboard backing. I received mine today in the case (the case was wrapped in a plastic bag). when I opened the padded case, the gun was inside with one mag in a pocket and 2 lose (but wrapped in plastic bag) along with the accessories in some of the other inside pockets. and the few pamplets that come with it.

I was just wondering if the gun I got was a display or actually arrived like that. This supposedly is a recent build. Dont have infront of me so dont have th serial number. it supposedly arrived last Monday Aug 3rd or Aug 10th at the gun shop. I purchased mail order...

so just curious how they are shipped normally.

thanks

gt52842

Bearcat
cluelesspa":2v282jaw said:
Question how did your Gun arrive? I have seen pictures online where the MAGs are all shrink wrapped onto a white cardboard backing. I received mine today in the case (the case was wrapped in a plastic bag). when I opened the padded case, the gun was inside with one mag in a pocket and 2 lose (but wrapped in plastic bag) along with the accessories in some of the other inside pockets. and the few pamplets that come with it.

I was just wondering if the gun I got was a display or actually arrived like that. This supposedly is a recent build. Dont have infront of me so dont have th serial number. it supposedly arrived last Monday Aug 3rd or Aug 10th at the gun shop. I purchased mail order...

so just curious how they are shipped normally.
thanks
Mine came in the same way as yours, Gary.

cluelesspa

Bearcat
Thanks! good to know. I just installed the rail covers and now to break down and do an initial cleaning before taking to the range on Sunday :)

just was curious as all the early pictures showed the mags all nicely shrink wrapped to a large cardboard sheet to keep them from banging around...

also I guess its not like handguns where they give you the test fire casing.

cluelesspa

Bearcat
9x19":3mzslsfx said:
I think that silly (fired-case) law only applies to handguns.

I hear ya but they go out of their way to say we test fired your gun (on the outside of the box it comes in...) that I would have thought they would have further supported that by putting in the box the spent round.

trex1310

Bearcat
Mine was in a cardboard box marked SR556 in large letters. Inside
the box the soft case was packaged as you describe. Picked it up
yesterday.

cluelesspa

Bearcat
trex1310":2mivhrmk said:
Mine was in a cardboard box marked SR556 in large letters. Inside
the box the soft case was packaged as you describe. Picked it up
yesterday.

Hey congrads on the purchase! how much did you pay?

remember to lube up the buffer area...

TexasFats

Bearcat
9x19":u6e03imd said:
I think that silly (fired-case) law only applies to handguns.

All guns should be test fired with a proof load at least once. A proof load is a cartridge loaded to higher than normal pressures. The purpose is to discover any hidden flaws that might make the gun unsafe with normal ammunition. Also, normal q.c. would indicate that they fire a round or two to make sure that it all works. I believe that the fired-case law only applies in NY and MD, but many manufacturers include it with every gun they make to avoid problems with keeping seperate inventory for those two states. Kimber just puts a sticker on their box (or the two I bought within the last two years had it, anyway) that says "No fired case for MD and NY," or some such thing.

For what it is worth, most European countries have government proof houses, where, by law, all guns manufactured or (sometimes) imported into that country have to go for final testing. That has been the case since before any of them had any major restrictions on gun ownership. I own a Walther PP (made in 1969) that has proof marks from the Ulm, Germany proof house. I also own a Beretta O/U shotgun with Italian proof marks on it, and a Spanish-made double with Spanish proof marks. If you have access to pictures of various proof marks, you can determine where a gun was made.

Latest posts