Question for Single Six experts

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Bad Barlow

Blackhawk
Do any blued .22 single sixes with adjustable sights have steel grip frames?
If one has a steel grip frame, does it also have a steel ejector rod housing?
Thanks in advance for sharing your knowledge!

wproct

Single-Sixer
No, I don't think so. Ruger did migrate to steel ejector rod housings at some point in time. My blued steel Super Single Six manufactured in 2015 has a steel ejector rod housing.

Bad Barlow

Blackhawk
No, I don't think so. Ruger did migrate to steel ejector rod housings at some point in time. My blued steel Super Single Six manufactured in 2015 has a steel ejector rod housing.
I have a .32 h&r with steel and steel, but wondered if the 22's ever got them .
Thanks

contender

Ruger Guru
In the beginning of the Single-Six era,, the grip frames were alloy,, yet the ERH's were steel. Later,, they went to an alloy ERH,, but the g/f's stayed alloy.
Steel grip frames have been added to MANY SA revolvers easily.

Bad Barlow

Blackhawk
In the beginning of the Single-Six era,, the grip frames were alloy,, yet the ERH's were steel. Later,, they went to an alloy ERH,, but the g/f's stayed alloy.
Steel grip frames have been added to MANY SA revolvers easily.
To be clear,my .32 came with the steel and steel. The grip frame is a bit smaller than the alloy ones also.

Hondo44

Hawkeye
In general, there's no correlation of steel grip frames and steel ejector housings on any of the Ruger single actions. Sometimes they both are, neither are, or one or the other is. Ejector housings changed over time from steel to alum, to steel again and can also be model specific. Steel grip frames are model specific.

There's also anomalies we see with steel ejector housings; they've been found on models normally having alum housings if inventory of alum housings ran out.

But no standard production blue Super Single Sixes came with steel grip frames.

Except of course all stainless steel models which always have stainless steel grip frames and ejector housings. One exception is the stainless Bearcats that had alum housings and that may still be true.

chet15

Hawkeye
Bisley's have steel grip frames.
I believe all the Single-Sixes have aluminum ejector housings with maybe 1 or 2 exceptions, but would have to check my notes on that.
Chet15

MKII Fan

Bearcat
I do have a blued NM Single Six with a steel ejector housing and a steel frame. 6.5" barrel. Higher polish blue. Not standard production.
This was a Lipsey's Exclusive Single Six, a Ruger 2017 short production run as a distributor special for Lipseys.

Lipsey's Single Six.jpg

Latest posts