Question About Wilson Combat

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Hey Guys,
Son and Grandson picked up a Carbon Cub from Joyce and her husband Bill Wilson today. They took it in trade for a new one.
They spent a couple hours with them and got a small tour of the Ranch.
Son told me what great folks they are and both are into guns and hunting.
Soooooo question is do any of you know about them? Or have had dealings with them. We have been invited to come back and hunt with them anytime.
Looks like they do some great gun work and Joyce competes in IDPA???

turd

Buckeye
Could never afford to buy any of their guns or have work done, but they are pretty well known for top quality work. Nighthawk Custom was started by guys that worked for Wilson Combat.

Snake45

Hawkeye
Bill Wilson's been a well-known gunsmith and competitive combat/action shooter since at least the '80s. I have one of his books, maybe his first, dating from those days. From all I hear, he seems to be a super Good Guy. If you have a chance to hang with him, take it! Most of us will never be so lucky. ;)

Wvfarrier

Single-Sixer
Ive owned multiple WC 1911s. Zero complaints. Would LOVE to visit their ranch

Mega Twin

Blackhawk
I used to service his ATV's and other equipment when I worked at the Suzuki dealer ship in Harrison Arkansas. He and Joyce are very nice people.

Thanks for the info.
I have also read about Joyce and Bill. After reading about them I think this is probably the dumbest statement I have ever made:)

"Looks like they do some great gun work and Joyce competes in IDPA???""

WOW I do believe they do A LOT of gun work and shooting.

contender

Ruger Guru
I too have been very familiar with Wilson Combat & the good work they do. I knew about Bill at least 30 years ago.

Take them up on the invitation!