Question about the U.S. Team 10/22

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Alienwordz

Bearcat
I just noticed the U.S. Team 10/22 for the first time at a recent gun show with its colorful laminated stock and heavy stainless barrel. I now want one but know nothing about them, for example how many were made, what scope and power did the team use on them? Are there different versions of the gun? I just saw one on Gunbroker that had been autographed by the team members and it went for only $572 and change. I would have gladly paid more for an autogrpahed version. Now am I being impetuous or is it a good gun for putting a lot of rounds through plinking? I am left-handed, does anyone know if the gun came in left handed or ambidextrous red, natural and blue laminated stocks?

BlkHawk73

Hunter
It's to commemorate the USST not actually the same as what they use. They would use a LOT better than that, no disrespect to Ruger. There's actually been two USST models

RugerUSARace_thm.jpg

The 2nd in our Ruger Race Rifle series. The first USA 1022 2008 ea. Blue 1022T (heavy barrel) $30 donation to the USA TeamExtra clear magazine, special serial numbers.

and

RugerBroadStriptes2_thm.jpg

Special serial numbers.
One of 5000 made over 2 years to raise money for USA Shooting Team.
Has an extra clear magazine.
Over $150,000 was raised for the USA Shooting Team through the sales of this rifle. That is a tremendous accomplishment that our wholesalers, dealers and consumers should be proud of. A unique silver scope with USA Shooting & Ruger logo is planned for Spring 2008.

Alienwordz

Bearcat
Thanks for the info. I see there are two different laminated stocks. I have only seen the second one with the red color on one side and blue on the other side.

1gunsnotenough

Buckeye
Ruger also made a USST MKII which is a nice pistol. I had the 2nd 10/22 USST and sold it. I was dissapointed in the 10/22. For the price you would think it would have a better than a standard 10/22 trigger. But the MKII is a pretty good shooter.
IMGP0838.jpg
[/img]

Alienwordz

Bearcat
1gunsnotenough..I too have found the Marks II and III to be excellent pistols but have had 10/22's and had nothing but grief from failure to feed, failure to eject,failure to fire, failure to do a lot including having a cartridge stuck in the barrel that did not fire and had to be forced out through the front of the barrel BUT I have heard a lot of good about 10/22's it just has not been my experience. I was thinking the USA Team rifle might somehow be slightly better but now I see it is mainly cosmetic. Maybe I need to get a Volquartsen .22 rifle but at their prices I might as well get a rimfire rifle.

BlkHawk73

Hunter
Plenty of choices besides the Volquartsen stuff, and better.

hint...RimfireCentral can be your friend ;)

1gunsnotenough

Buckeye
I've actually sold or traded a 10/22T and a USST 10/22. And I am trying to aell a Talo Race Rifle 10/22 and may sell my TNZ 10/22. After shooting mostly .22 bolt guns I have not been satisfied with the higher end 10/22 performance. I am looking at selling all my .22 autos and then getting a Clark 10/22 for my only auto.

Alienwordz

Bearcat
1gunsnotenough...I have had grief with my squeaky clean, well maintained Kimber rimfires, CZ Kadet and even Tanfoglio 22 conversion on a .45. I have been told to get used to it because common 22 ammo is dirty and poor quality. I have purchased two bricks of Eley competition ammo to use and if they fail me I might just get a blow gun or bow and arrow. Are the items you want to sell posted anywhere? Are they local sales only?

1gunsnotenough

Buckeye
My Talo Race rifle is on Gun Broker and I have a T/C Classic Benchmark on Rim Fire Central. .22 ammo is dirtier than centerfire. But if you stay away from the most Remington .22 and the cheaper Winchester .22 they are the dirtiest. I shoot Federal 99% of the time. Mostly Federal Champion for just plinking and Federal Ultra for seriouse shooting. It shoots pretty clean. And the Champion will give some surprisingly good groups. But usually a flier out of 1 in 5 shots. The Ultra I get 1/4 to 1/2" groups with iron sights at 50 yds. Most of my shooting is with Military Trainers. My most accurate is my Springfield MII. And as far as cleaning with the Federal I have a MKI that I shot about 2 years before any seriouse cleaning. I had several thousand rounds through it before I cleaned it. Just wiped it down after shooting and maybe spraying out receiver.