question about target model

Help Support Ruger Forum:

lojax

Bearcat
Can anyone give me any information on my 10-22. The serial number is not found on ruger's website but i called them and all they said is its a dealer limited. Would not tell me how many were made or what year. All I know is that it has a blued hammer forged barrel and came from the factory as is. thanks for the help
MYPHOTO268.jpg

MYPHOTO269.jpg

MYPHOTO270.jpg

MYPHOTO272.jpg

contender

Ruger Guru
Welcome to the Forum!
Ruger has never disclosed how many of any model the produced. They do occasionally give an approximate number, or in the case of special distributor models, the distributor will release how many they will be offering.
As for when it was made, and the serial number not being on the website. The website is NOT the most accurate data on shipping dates. We all use the Red Eagle News Exchange reference guide to help us. Post the serial number & we can offer what we know. But the most accurate way of getting a SHIPPING date is from Ruger Records. Call 603-863-3300, ask for "Records" and then provide the nice lady that answers with the model info & serial number & she will give you a month & year of shipping. They can even send you a letter with that info for free!
Next, post the model info (Example; 10/22RB-XYZ) That too will help us identify the gun. The more details we get,,, the better we can help!

chet15

Hawkeye
lojax":3ee1sz90 said:
Can anyone give me any information on my 10-22. The serial number is not found on ruger's website but i called them and all they said is its a dealer limited. Would not tell me how many were made or what year. All I know is that it has a blued hammer forged barrel and came from the factory as is. thanks for the help

Unless that's some sort of other special model we've not heard about, that one sure looks like the 10/22T-TS. Here's what I have on it from the Ruger reference we put out:

10/22T-TS. Has two-tone Fajen "Thumbhole Silhouette" stock with "RUGER" inletted in large letters within the cutout of the buttstock. Known s/n range 246-86224 to 246-86729 and 248-47836 to 248-71627. Slightly less than 700 produced. A very scarce and interesting variation.

If your serial number does not fall in the serial ranges listed, be sure to send me a PM so I can update my record.
According to Ruger's website and the reference, the 246-86xxx range guns would have been made in 1997 and the 248- guns in about 1998. This last serial range was a "cleanup" of sorts of the model.
Chet15

ab4ka

Single-Sixer
It's too bad Ruger doesn't offer that stock direct. I know there are similar stocks available, but it would be cool to have one that says "Ruger" on it, or better yet had the eagle there.