Question about Ruger Vaquero

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Paula319

Bearcat
My husband passed away in April of this year and I was left with two Ruger Vaquero revolvers (I believe they are). He also has a holster he bought with them. They are 45 caliber and it has a white mother of pearl handle. It looks to be a six shooter and single barrel. I really don't know a thing about them but that he paid $925 for both in 2003. Is there anyway of finding out values of these or any idea of the value?

Thank you ...

BlkHawk73

Hunter
First, I wish to pass along my sympathy for your loss. Second, you're welcomed warmly here at Ruger Forum.
As for the revolvers, it's tough to give a value without more information about them as there's simply too many different variation of the Vaquero line even just in the .45's. Details such as barrel length, the finish (stainless steel or blued steel with color case finish), grip frame style, special markings or engraving, boxes and papers from when it originally shipped, etc...
Even the value of the holster is decisive on the details and who mad it.
These models do have a following and are desirable to many folks.

45Colt_Man

Blackhawk
Paula,
Sorry about your husband.
Do you have the boxes they came in, they would have the model numbers and serial numbers on them? If not on the right side of the revolvers there will be serial number on the left side there will be a caliber marking, such as 357, 44 or 45. Are these guns blue or shiny silver metal? Any additional information you can give us will to helping us figure out a price.
Again sorry about your loss but I think we can at least give you a ballpark price.
Dana

Paula319

Bearcat
Thank you Dana....thank you Hawkeye...I appreciate your condolences. He was only 60...the healthy one of the two of us.

The gun is stainless steel....serial numbers are 57-74719 and 55-02757. The barrel is about 4 inches?? and the barrel is the same length as the gun. Mother of pearl handle.

They're just in a black case with the molded padding that the gun sits in. Excellent shape.

I alos have a Colt .38 Government .380 automatic barrel length 3 1/4 Model 06383 and RC81624 S/N

Thank you all for your help.

Paula

Paula319

Bearcat
Thank you Dana....thank you Hawkeye...I appreciate your condolences. He was only 60...the healthy one of the two of us.

The gun is stainless steel....serial numbers are 57-74719 and 55-02757. The barrel is about 4 inches?? and the barrel is the same length as the gun. Mother of pearl handle.

They're just in a black case with the molded padding that the gun sits in. Excellent shape.

I alos have a Colt .38 Government .380 automatic barrel length 3 1/4 Model 06383 and RC81624 S/N

Thank you all for your help.

Paula

rtl

Single-Sixer
My sincere heartfelt condolences. May the Holy Spirit comfort you in these times.

I'm far from an expert here and don't have any documentation for reference, but I do own about dozen of these and have bought and sold several more in the past few years. From the serial numbers and description it sounds like you have two stainless steel Vaqueros (not 'new model Vaqueros' in case anybody asks) in .45 Long Colt with 4 5/8" barrels and either after market faux mother of pearl grips or possibly factory original faux ivory grips. Prices vary based upon geography, but in the used market they're still worth that and possibly a bit more. With the holster it could be worth up to a couple hundred more.

I'm sure you'll get a better feel for value here from others soon, but for starters with what you've described I'd say the package is worth about a grand. If you surf gunbroker.com and look for Vaquero 45, you'll get a feel for what they go for. If you add a digital pic here I bet you could get some input on the holster too.

As for the .380, here's a link to one for sale that I'm guessing you have there. They can go for up to $750 or so. http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewIt ... =146917449

rtl

Single-Sixer
My sincere heartfelt condolences. May the Holy Spirit comfort you in these times.

I'm far from an expert here and don't have any documentation for reference, but I do own about dozen of these and have bought and sold several more in the past few years. From the serial numbers and description it sounds like you have two stainless steel Vaqueros (not 'new model Vaqueros' in case anybody asks) in .45 Long Colt with 4 5/8" barrels and either after market faux mother of pearl grips or possibly factory original faux ivory grips. Prices vary based upon geography, but in the used market they're still worth that and possibly a bit more. With the holster it could be worth up to a couple hundred more.

I'm sure you'll get a better feel for value here from others soon, but for starters with what you've described I'd say the package is worth about a grand. If you surf gunbroker.com and look for Vaquero 45, you'll get a feel for what they go for. If you add a digital pic here I bet you could get some input on the holster too.

As for the .380, here's a link to one for sale that I'm guessing is similar to what you have there. They can go for up to $750 or so. http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewIt ... =146917449

russ

piratedude

Single-Sixer
IMO those a pretty desirable, as they don't make that model anymore (at least not regularly). I would ask $1200 for the package but be prepared to negotiate down to $999.00.

Knuckles

Buckeye
I was gonna say, ask what you want for them but $925.00 for the pair isn't out of line.

There condition and the holster would be a price factor of course... have any way to get pictures of every thing?... you can post them in our Classifieds.

Paula319

Bearcat
Thank you rtl...that does look like the colt I have. Thanks for the link. I'll keep an eye on it. I'm going to try to post the photos once I can figure out how to do it. lol

I took some this morning of the Vaqueros and the holsters ...also the Colt.

Paula
Ohio

Paula319

Bearcat
I can't post to the classifieds for some reason. If anyone wants photos, please let me know and I will email privately. Just trying to get an idea on value of the rugars.

thank you all for your help....!!

Paula in Canton OH

Paula319

Bearcat
Thank you so much Frank....me too :cry: He was a good person. Too young at 60.

Take care...and thanks again....Paula

Latest posts