Question about Ruger barrels for sale of eBay.

Help Support Ruger Forum:

CHEVYINLINE6

Single-Sixer
I have noticed about 3/4 of the people selling all models of Ruger barrels on eBay don't show the barrel threads. They put tape on the threads or leave them out of the picture. I with they wouldn't do that because I have seen several sellers take and cut the barrels off and then still think they can sell them. I don't like having to email a seller to get more pictures of what they are selling and some get bent out of shape and get quite rude when you question their selling methods. One seller has some stuff I want, but he has lots of negitive feedback and is quite rude to his buyers when they do so. Won't be getting none of my money.

If someone is selling a barrel and they either cover the threads or do not include them in the picture, I would be very, very suspicious of what they are selling. Screwed up threads from improper removal, no threads at all (!), or something in between. Me I would stay far, far away from that seller. You can ask here on the forum and there are good people here you can trust.

If I was going through the trouble of replacing a barrel I would convert it to a tensioned barrel like the Dan Wesson. That way you could choose any twist rate and rifling cut you want.

NikA

Buckeye
I wish Ruger would make a Mark series 22 auto pistol with a barrel interchange system like a Dan Wesson system. It would be nice to swap barrel types without having to go thru a FFL to do it.

CHEVYINLINE6.
The 22/45 lightweight barrels are a sleeve/shroud construction, they just don't provide the tools for normal folks to do the barrel swapping.

The big thing for switch barrels/uppers for competition is the you have the same grip and trigger. My EAA witness with 4 slides and a rail could be set up for any of 6 classes in minutes. If the Factory teams were there I would usually run modified. If no Pro's were there Unlimited.

el caminero

Single-Sixer
I have noticed about 3/4 of the people selling all models of Ruger barrels on eBay don't show the barrel threads. They put tape on the threads or leave them out of the picture. I with they wouldn't do that because I have seen several sellers take and cut the barrels off and then still think they can sell them. I don't like having to email a seller to get more pictures of what they are selling and some get bent out of shape and get quite rude when you question their selling methods. One seller has some stuff I want, but he has lots of negitive feedback and is quite rude to his buyers when they do so. Won't be getting none of my money.
Thats how i see it, but i have been told that its an ebay rule, just like the orangethingie "permanently affixed" to the muzzle of the toys, which is supposedly not required retroactively, but said non-thingie'd items are too often summarily removed from the sale, yet subject to review if you are nice and know the rules...

CHEVYINLINE6

Single-Sixer
Thats how i see it, but i have been told that its an ebay rule, just like the orangethingie "permanently affixed" to the muzzle of the toys, which is supposedly not required retroactively, but said non-thingie'd items are too often summarily removed from the sale, yet subject to review if you are nice and know the rules...
I see Ruger and other brand barrels everyday for sale on eBay and most of the time it's the same seller selling them. He seems to be a very angry person the way he or she replys to negitive feedback about his or hers sales. I just looked at about 50 or more on eBay for Ruger barrels for sale and only about 5 had tape on them and none by that seller. I have seen some barrels by other sellers that cut the barrels off the frame leaving no threads and claiming them to be in good shape.

CHEVYINLINE6.

Johnnu2

Hunter
I see Ruger and other brand barrels everyday for sale on eBay and most of the time it's the same seller selling them. He seems to be a very angry person the way he or she replys to negitive feedback about his or hers sales. I just looked at about 50 or more on eBay for Ruger barrels for sale and only about 5 had tape on them and none by that seller. I have seen some barrels by other sellers that cut the barrels off the frame leaving no threads and claiming them to be in good shape.

CHEVYINLINE6.
All things being equal, angry people are toxic; we don't need to interact with them in any aspect of life. IMHO steer clear of them all.

J.

CHEVYINLINE6

Single-Sixer
What specific model are you looking for? Lots of 10-22 barrels have been chopped and threaded by questionable means. I wouldn't recommend buying those.
Always looking for good deals on Mark series barrels, Single Sixes and Blackhawks. I really don't need any more Mark series barrels because years ago I bought a bunch of new take off barrels from Jim Clark and Volquartsen. I don't need any 10-22 barrels. Got several new take offs and as fas as threaded berrels, I live in the Communist State of Washington where they are not allowed.

CHEVYINLINE6.

CHEVYINLINE6

Single-Sixer
The seller that tapes the barrels recently was trying to sell two barrels that had been cut off at the frame leaving no threads. No mention in the ad of that. Also in the feedback section, when the seller gets negitive feedback the seller never excepts any responsibilty for a problem with the item for sale. The seller always puts the blame on the buyer. The seller is beyond rude and name calling to buyers. The seller always favorite excuse is, you seen the pictures and you bought it anyway so don't come whining to me.

CHEVYINLINE6.