Putting the cast iron to work

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Jeff Hoover

Blackhawk
Round II of our snow storm is in full bloom ! 25-30 mph winds, snowing, blowing, and drifting. It's a good day to put the cast iron skillets to work. Home fried potatoes, country bacon, fried eggs, over medium, fried in bacon greese.

I would rather operate a spatula, and fork, than a snow shovel. That will come later !

breakfast001.jpg

sixshot

Buckeye
Jeff, one of us has got to quit posting this stuff, I'm trying to lose some weight! Your grub looks better than mine so you quit first! :cry:

Dick

Ethang

Blackhawk
I need a cast iron skillet. I foolishly threw away some old ones when I was young and dumb. I have my eye out for a good old Wagner just to cook bacon in. If I am going to die I want to die eating well...

callshot

Blackhawk
Never known you to slack off on the eating department. I would have helped you eat it if I could have gotten through the snow drifts in your yard. Looking Good Jeff. :D Steve

Jeff Hoover

Blackhawk
lumbering.buffalo, now that's a moniker I could go by ! Do not worry about my arteries, they are not hardening, yet, tho' I do creak, when I stand up :lol: . All that bacon greese helps the blood slide thru' the 'ole blood passages, lickity split. Plus, when you cut yourself, you don't bleed ! It's self plugging :lol: .

Dick and Terry, those home fries were made with SMALL Idaho spuds, the eggs from tiny Guinea hens, and the bacon was sliced thin ! All low calorie, washed down by a large glass of water, 'callshots' secrete to a waspish waist !

Plus, when you cook in cast iron, the "fat" passes right thru' you ! Add a huckleberry shake to the mix, and you're in good shape !

Ethang, shame on you, but you wised up to the error of your ways, and realiized the magnaminuos (where have we heard this word ?) mistake you made :lol: . You are forgiven :lol:

To everyone, I wish I could cook and share a bunch of food with you all, and we could eat in fellowship, laugh, and get to know each other better. Until I can think of a better way, I'll just have to take pictures, and post them here. Stoots, Ethang, wixedmords, tookalisten, and callshot, you guys get extra helpings.

Plus, I don't actually eat this stuff, I just cook it ,and take pictures of it, for YOUR benefit :lol:

Stoots

Buckeye
Jeff Hoover":gql446hz said:
Stoots, Ethang, wixedmords, tookalisten, and callshot, you guys get extra helpings.

Oh yeah!

Up next on my short 'to buy' list is some enameled cast iron.

Stuff's kinda pricey!

:wink:

psyclone66

Single-Sixer
I just realized how depressing my breakfast of unsweetened gruel of whole rolled oats really was. :(

45acp230

Bearcat
Contender,mt: Y'all are right!!! That's a good start,but the biscuits and gravy would be the finishing touch!! Got to have fuel in the tank if you expect to hunt 'til lunch!! Hank.

Jeff Hoover

Blackhawk
Fermin, I've been thinking about those steaks, since I first saw them, on another site. What do you fry those babies in, some kind of oil, butter, what ? I'm sure there's some great seasoning in there, as well ! Never seen a cast iron skillet on the grill, but you can bet I'm gonna try it this Spring ! (If you reveal your recipe) :D