Proper Postion of Transfer Bar on Reassembled GP100

Help Support Ruger Forum:

kbm6893

Single-Sixer
Cleaned the GP today and reasssembled it. Gun passes function test, but with the hammer cocked, the transfer bar looks higher then I remember. The very top of the firing pin is visible. Is this correct?

Jimbo357mag

Hawkeye
When the GP is cocked in single-action the top of the transfer bar should be aprox. even with the middle (centerline) of the firing pin. When the trigger is pulled the transfer bar will come up a little more to be aprox. even with the top of the firing pin just before the hammer falls. If you hold back the hammer back when you squeeze the trigger you can see the transfer bar come up a little more to cover the firing pin. :D

Jimbo

kbm6893

Single-Sixer
Jimbo357mag":193c82i4 said:
When the GP is cocked in single-action the top of the transfer bar should be aprox. even with the middle (centerline) of the firing pin. When the trigger is pulled the transfer bar will come up a little more to be aprox. even with the top of the firing pin just before the hammer falls. If you hold back the hammer back when you squeeze the trigger you can see the transfer bar come up a little more to cover the firing pin. :D

Jimbo

I guess it's OK. transfer bar looks a bit higher then middle of pi, but if it passed the function test, I'm sure it's OK.