Proper LCP Grip/Stance

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Rusty Trigger

Bearcat
Hi........ I got a Ruger LCP for a CCW. It's shoots very nice groups and with my eyesight getting poorer each day I'm looking for the right way to hold and fire the LCP. Where on the net or here can I view some proper pictures of proper grip ? Today I was shooting some remarkable groups but not bull eye shots but VERY NICE groups. My friend shooting the same gun, same ammo had even better groups. I'm pleasantly surprised at the groups the little Ruger LCP shot after break in but I need some "tips and tricks" as well as practice of stance and grip. I note I have this same problem with several of my semi-autos but not with the revolvers. I carry the LCP in my travels and have had several run in but never had to draw my weapon but if I do it would be peace of mind knowing I'd hit what I was aiming at and not having some VERY NICE GROUPS on the wall beside Mr Badguy... Just some pictures of proper grip of any auto would be huge help.
Thanks in advance.
The Trigger

gatorhugger

Blackhawk
Are you really going into a formal stance in a self defense mode?
You will have 5-10 seconds maximum and in all probability Probably under 5 seconds to pul and fire.
I would practice just like you are gonna use it, one handed, fast, no aiming, point shooting.

MoHawk

Bearcat
Pictured below is the proper hand-grip for a semi-auto pistol.

Handgrip.jpg

Depending on the size of your hands, the proper grip may be
difficult on the LCP. After 500+ rds, I found that finding a
comfortable grip for you close to the proper grip is the best method.

If you have cable or sat tv, the Outdoor Channel has a show
titled American Guardian which had an episode on self defense
with semi-auto pistols that features the LCP. I can't remember
the episode # but it has some good information & depictions.

Rusty Trigger

Bearcat
Thanks........ and the IM link was good too........ That pic is what I was looking for and it helped and with new glasses I'm right uptown now and groups much better and placement is good too.
Thanks Everyone

wildturk

Single-Sixer
I would suggest Crimson Trace Laser grips, they would help with accuracy as well quicker shots on target. And while I'm not a big fan of dry fire they can help if and when you practice trigger control.

MoHawk

Bearcat
I will 2nd the suggestion on CT Laser grips. As with most people, my eyesight has deteriorated with age. I have shot pistols since I was 10 yrs old (52 yrs) and have never owned a laser until recently. My wife hated the sights on the LCP so I added a CT LG431 laser grip. With the laser added, she love it & so did I. With the light weight & recoil of the LCP, the laser gets you back on target much quicker especially in low light situations. I am now adding laser to all my self defense weapons.

Latest posts