Promag 9mm 15 rd Mag in P944 40 cal

Help Support Ruger Forum:

ZiggyK

Bearcat
I ordered online what were supposed to be 12 rd 40 cal mags but when they arrived today they had a 15 rd mark on them. I'm thinking that the vendor shipped me two 15 rd 9mm mags even though the bags they came in both said they were P94 40 ca 12 rd mags. I looked at the mags and they seemed slightly less wider than my factory 40 cal mags and I had a hard time putting 40 ammo into them although the springs seemed really tight to begin with anyway. Since I couldn't put 40 ammo into them well, I tried putting an empty mag into my P944 and it did not seem to fit well. Even though the mag seemed less wider than my factory mag it was a very tight fit and wouldn't even eject. I thought I was going to damage my new gun trying to push it out from the top since I had to use the bottom of a Mini Maglight to push the darn magazine out of my gun because it was not coming out for nothing. :evil:
Now I've heard of people using 15 rd 9mm mags to fit about 13 rds of 40 cal but hell if I would trust these two mags since A: It is very hard to get ammo into them and B: the mags won't eject without brute force. I'm not sure if this vendor is trying to pass off 9mm mags as 40 cal's but if they are I'm going to be pissed! I'm going to call them Monday since they aren't open on the weekend and see what they say. I in no way wanted 9mm mags as a way to have a 12-13 rd 40 cal mag since I don't trust them to work properly and apparently with good reason. I hope these fools will just ship me actual 40 cal mags and didn't think that they could pass off 9mm mags to do the job. I guess I'll see on Monday. :?

ZiggyK

Bearcat
Cheesewhiz":9g4dxch3 said:
Well you saved yourself a ton of money by getting some craptastic Pro-Mag's, have you learned anything?

I learned Ruger has to get off its butt and start making some 12 rd 40 cal mags. :?
Still don't see why they don't make any or better yet a double stack mag that could hold 15-17 rds like the FN P-40 I almost bought instead of the Ruger for that reason alone. Only reason I didn't is because I knew that Ruger was more sturdy and reliable than FN.

Mike J

Hunter
ZiggyK-A forum member has an ad in the classifieds here. He has 4 of the 11 round factory magazines for .40 caliber for 25.00 a piece. This is a good deal. If I weren't out of work right now I would probably buy one myself. I think his name was Ron Honner. I'd rather have a round less capacity & confidence the magazine will work than a HiCap mag that wont work.

ZiggyK

Bearcat
Mike J":2ygm002b said:
ZiggyK-A forum member has an ad in the classifieds here. He has 4 of the 11 round factory magazines for .40 caliber for 25.00 a piece. This is a good deal. If I weren't out of work right now I would probably buy one myself. I think his name was Ron Honner. I'd rather have a round less capacity & confidence the magazine will work than a HiCap mag that wont work.

Thanks Mike! I PM'd him earlier today and bought the two mags he had left. He also added a bonus knife to the deal, nice guy that he is! :D