Progessive Presses

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Arokcrwlr

Blackhawk
Ah-ha, it looks as if Hornady has changed the eject design since I bought mine, so everything I said about the FCD you can ignore.

From the Hornady site:
What is the LNL AP EZ-JECT Conversion Kit?

The LNL AP EZ-JECT conversion kit allows you to convert your LNL AP press (with serial number 7000 or higher) to use the EZ-JECT system. This system ejects cases without the need of an ejection wire and is standard on 2009 model presses.

I already have the conversion on order... :D

Yosemite Sam

Hunter
Now you've got me wondering if mine is the newer model, or an old one that's been hanging around in the shop. I guess I'll find out later today, when I go to pick it up...

-- Sam

Yosemite Sam

Hunter
chaneyd":1whu83s6 said:
There's no issue with the Dillon for rifle or pistol.
Apropos of what? Oh, I forgot: Dillon is just so much better at everything. Why did I even think to ask?

-- Sam

P.S. Mine does have the EZject system. It's sitting in my car whilst we speak.

chaneyd

Bearcat
Yosemite Sam":9ubqzylw said:
chaneyd":9ubqzylw said:
Apropos of what? Oh, I forgot: Dillon is just so much better at everything. Why did I even think to ask?

-- Sam

I don't recall saying that Dillon was better than anything else. I stated that it doesn't have any problems doing both pistol and rifle. Please don't insinuate something I'm not saying.

revhigh

Hawkeye
Arokcrwlr":3sai7gmy said:
You don't need a powder die at all. The LNL powder measure is case actuated and is the "die". You only use half of the expander/powder die - it only flares the case to get the bullet started.

I'll see if I can find a pic showing what I'm talking about with the FCD.

Correct !

REV

Yosemite Sam

Hunter
chaneyd":1u7bhlzo said:
Yosemite Sam":1u7bhlzo said:
chaneyd":1u7bhlzo said:

-- Sam

I don't recall saying that Dillon was better than anything else. I stated that it doesn't have any problems doing both pistol and rifle. Please don't insinuate something I'm not saying.
I honestly have no idea what information your post was supposed to convey. "There's no issue with the Dillon for rifle or pistol". Yeah, and ??? There's no issue with the Hornady for rifle or pistol, either. Or Lee, or RCBS, or ...

Seemed to me to be just another "Dillon. Period. End of subject." post, which I find useless at best, and insulting at worst.

I apologize if you were actually trying to convey information you thought I might find useful.

-- Sam

Greebe

Single-Sixer
So how do you get your 500 free bullets? Do you get to choose anything you want or do they send you what they want, like overruns or something?

I have always been curious about this.

Greebe

Yosemite Sam

Hunter
Greebe":rpsdknaz said:
So how do you get your 500 free bullets? Do you get to choose anything you want or do they send you what they want, like overruns or something?

I have always been curious about this.

Greebe
http://www.hornady.com/promotions/get-loaded

You can download/print a PDF file that has the details. The selection of bullets available for the program is limited, and you do have to pay $15 shipping. They still claim it's "up to a $160 value".

-- Sam

Greebe

Single-Sixer
Still sounds like a great deal to me. I might have to buy my next set of dies through them. I have yet to own any Hornady dies.

Greebe

jpdavis423

Bearcat
I returned my Hornady LNL and got a Dillon 650.

Reasons:

• Hornady would not reliably eject loaded rounds - that seems to have been fixed now.
    No powder thru expander die for .32.
    Hornady customer service while very good is not available on Saturday. Which I would imagine is when most people are reloading or setting up their presses.
If you don't want to buy a Dillon because they are too expensive or because of all the "hype" that's fine. But you can't fault their quality, the quality of the loaded ammunition or their customer service.

Yosemite Sam

Hunter
jpdavis423":2twrl84z said:
I returned my Hornady LNL and got a Dillon 650.

Reasons:

• Hornady would not reliably eject loaded rounds - that seems to have been fixed now.
    No powder thru expander die for .32.
    Hornady customer service while very good is not available on Saturday. Which I would imagine is when most people are reloading or setting up their presses.
If you don't want to buy a Dillon because they are too expensive or because of all the "hype" that's fine. But you can't fault their quality, the quality of the loaded ammunition or their customer service.
Thanks for the info. I agree that you can't fault Dillon for any of those things. The "hype" isn't even all their fault, really.

FWIW, my LNL-AP has been a breeze to set up. Haven't churned out any ammo yet, but it's getting there. I haven't had a lot of time to devote to it since I got it. I don't have any of the expander dies yet, so I'm using my Lee Auto-Disk powder measure, with it's powder-through die, and it all seems to work well together.

-- Sam

WyoGunner

Single-Sixer
Sam, some people have complained about the retainer spring breaking. Check the retainer spring channel and make sure there aren't any sharp edges where it ramps up at the first stage. Also, when you install it, make sure that the seam on the spring is traveling from the large diameter to the small diameter. This will prevent the edge on the spring from catching on anything. I have loaded 2000+ rounds and haven't had a problem with it yet.

Latest posts