Production years of the 44 carbine w/International/Mannlicher stock and stock repair question

Help Support Ruger Forum:

TGS1

Bearcat
Good morning folks,

I'm trying to figure out a couple things;

First, the years of production for the 44 carbine with the international stock? Just 66 &67? I have read that all "variations" of the carbine ceased in 71.

Second, is there anyone recommended for a stock repair of the toe area on the butt stock?

Thanks for the help.
ruger1.jpeg

Mauser9

Blackhawk
Hmm My BlueBook only says International ceased in 71 but no exact years produced unfortunately. Sorry about your stock.

RC44Mag

Buckeye
Have a chunk missing in the same place as yours on my .44 Carbine Mannlicher, wish I had the piece missing to try and repair. I'm sure yours will turn out well.

Mauser9

Blackhawk
Those Mannlicher 44s must be a real collector gun. Wonder how many were made? Feel your pain on the damage stocks. Can't think of a handier woods gun with some serious knock down power.

RC44Mag

Buckeye
I believe they are somewhat more collectible then the regular stocked ones but not sure how much more. The Mannlichers were made between 66-71 and I recall reading about 3,000 were made but don't hold me to it. with that stock it definitely draws attention at the range.

The healthy amount of extra barrel length really ups the hitting power of the already stout .44 Mag. I haven't been to griz territory yet but I think it will give me peace of mind when do venture into their realm.