Problem with Starline brass order.

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Capn27

Single-Sixer
Ten days ago I ordered 500 .44 Special cases from Starline brass. The website indicated that it was in stock and available. I received an order confirmation the same day indicating that it would be shipped FedEx and did not mention any back-order situation.

So, ten days goes by and I receive nada. I emailed them today asking for a tracking number or expected delivery date. I get a reply stating they are out of stock and my order is back ordered until Sept. 30th.

When I told my wife the situation, she replies, "They already charged our Visa card!". She looked it up on-line and the charge had disappeared. This was not a "pending" charge for a buck or so (testing the account) as is so often the case, but an actual charge for the exact amount.

The website does now say they are backordered, but that was definitely not on there when I place my order. I wouldn't be quite so ticked off, but I turned down an offer of some used range brass, which is now gone, expecting Starline to come through.

I've written back to Starline and will post any additional information FYI. If they could ship me just 50 or 100 brass so I could get to the range it would be awfully helpful. I hope they actually check their stock. It can't be all gone in just moments. There's got to be floor sweepings somewhere, I hope.

Capn27

Single-Sixer
Cherokee ...........

Favorable comments like yours are the reason I decided to order from them. I hope this is just an isolated incident. I'm hoping for a speedy resolution.

slippingaway

Blackhawk
Speaking from experience working in a shipping/warehouse environment for a little while, sometimes the computerized systems will say that they have things in stock, and when the guy goes to actually pull the order, it's not there. Unfortunately, it sounds like this happened to you.

Most electronic systems will charge the card when the order is sent to be picked at the warehouse. If the warehouse guy can't fill and ship it, the paperwork goes back to the office, where someone has to process a refund.

It sucks when it happens to you, but any electronic system run by humans is subject to a certain amount of error.

contender

Ruger Guru
Slippingaway stated the very things I was about to comment on.
Starline has been very good as far as I've ever heard.
I'm sure there was a little "lag time" error in what was in stock & getting it in the computer for the website. Quite often,, websites are a bit hard to update. (I know,, Miss Penny manages a couple & it can be a pain.)
Good luck with them as they are a good company.

Capn27

Single-Sixer
I agree on most all of the things said about warehousing and shipping. I'm just wondering why ten days went by without notification that they were out of stock. They have my email address. Why didn't they let me know? I could have had other brass in hand several days ago had they but notified me.

mike7mm08

Buckeye
Keep in mind all sellers of reloading components have a record amount of orders right now. It is very likely it took them the ten days to get to processing your order. This is probable the reason for the brass being out of stock as well. I am sure there were orders ahead of you. Don't get discouraged they will make things right. In the past starline has been spoton with their backorder dates.

Rex Driver

Bearcat
Robb Barnes":1x221kqy said:
Rich, send my your address and I'll send you 50 pieces of NIB Starline 44 Special brass and you can replace it when your order comes in. Robb

Robb, people like you who frequent shooting forums, such as this, are the best advertising for belonging to such organizations. One shooter stepping up to help a fellow shooter, it just does not get any better.

c.r.

Single-Sixer
Rex Driver":3l2xxqk7 said:
Robb Barnes":3l2xxqk7 said:
Rich, send my your address and I'll send you 50 pieces of NIB Starline 44 Special brass and you can replace it when your order comes in. Robb

Robb, people like you who frequent shooting forums, such as this, are the best advertising for belonging to such organizations. One shooter stepping up to help a fellow shooter, it just does not get any better.

Robb, that is classy.

Capn27

Single-Sixer
Robb Barnes":2jzsnio9 said:

Robb .........

Numbah One! I'll gratefully take you up on that offer and be glad to take care of postage both ways. PM coming then I gotta bug out to early services.

mike7mm08

Buckeye
Robb Barnes":1h05kz0f said:
Gosh guys, just a simple case of I having what a fellow member needed, that is all.

That is true but how many other members are sitting on 44 special brass and did not make the same offer. I would of made the offer myself. But all my new brass is loaded and all my fired stuff is getting up there in number of times loaded.

c.r.

Single-Sixer
Robb, I can only speak for myself, but I reckon I can learn a lesson or two................ "having" what a fellow member needs and "offering" a fellow member what he needs are two different things.

~c.r.

contender

Ruger Guru
I was like mike7mm08,, all my new brass is loaded,,, and I was thinking,,"man,, if I hadn't just loaded all mine up a few weeks ago,,,!"
Seriously,, there are MANY good folks around here who would do the same thing. Robb was great in being the one able to set up & do it.
Way to go Robb!