Problem with Mini 14 trigger Assy. latching on new ATI stock

Help Support Ruger Forum:

RME

Blackhawk
The mini 14 trigger latch assembly will not close all the way when installed in a new model ATI Strikeforce stock. I have put a lot of pressure in the right place but it just want latch underneath so the trigger guard will lock in place. Anyone had this problem, if so were you able to solve the problem and how? I called ATI & they couldn't tell me any more than I already know.
Thanks - RME

DGW1949

Hunter
To use that particular stock with your particular barreled action and trigger group, you'll have to either remove some material from the top of stock where the receiver sits, or remove some material from the bottom where the trigger group sits....or there may be a different (or additional) problem inside the stock relative to the receiver-legs fitting into it, and/or up by the barrel channel which needs addressed.

Without having it my hands, I can't tell you where to start or how much to remove.
Careful measuring and common sense are the keys here.
You'll need the appropriate caliper.
Start by ascertaining the measurements of a stock which you already know fits.
Go slow.
Measure twice, file once.
Re-check the fit often....but DO NOT keep trying to force the trigger group into place. If you do, you'll surely "spring" the trigger guard and/or damage it's pivot/hook.

Hope this helped somewhat.

DGW

RME

Blackhawk
Thanks for moving my post to the gun smithing section, I wasn't sure how to do that.
I took some good advice and trimmed a little off the bottom of the stock where the trigger group
rests and it made all the difference in the world. The trigger group latched right in there first try, good and snug.Thanks DGW1949.
RME