Problem finding duty holster for 7 shot .357 GP100

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Bruce in WV

Single-Sixer
Finding a belt holster for this 7 shot .357 GP100 2 1/2" gun is very frustrating! Holsters for the 6 shot .357 GP100 models apparently don't fit (according to Safariland Customer Service). Maybe the cylinder circumference??
The Simply Rugged Pancake for this model works best for the Chesty Puller. I haven't found any other makers.
Is is possible to do a brand crossover and use a holster for a 3" S&W L or N frame?
Any suggestions will be appreciated.

GP100 L by Bruce, on Flickr

bogus bill

Hunter
I had a guard job where we might be issued either a old colt OP (official police), a ruger speed six or a smith 586. All with 4" barrels. It depended on what the guy was carrying when I relieved him. You never knew. Our holsters fit all three equally good. No big deal. Many gun shops have a barrel of used holsters. I would just go in with mine to try in them. Of course I would ask first and then go get my gun out of my truck. I have many revolvers and old holsters. Some or most of my holsters fit multiple guns.

rangerbob

Buckeye
Bruce, the person at Safariland gave you the wrong info. The cylinders are all the same. I have a DeSantis thumb break that fit's a 3 "L frame or a 3" GP-100. I suggest you try the Holster Guide at Midway USA's website. They are my go to for reference. They probably have the holster you need in stock. Look at product #'s 199314 or 145623. Bob!