Primers

Help Support Ruger Forum:

tmahler99

Bearcat
I'm new to reloading, in fact I have yet to reload anything. I picked up the RCBS Master kit. Purchased my first set of dies last night. I asked the shop owner for primers because I couldn't see any. He had none, said he hadn't gotten any significant amount all year. Are you finding large rifle primers hard to find? Any suggestions.

Thanks,
Trent

edlmann

Blackhawk
tmahler99":18pbcorz said:
I'm new to reloading, in fact I have yet to reload anything. I picked up the RCBS Master kit. Purchased my first set of dies last night. I asked the shop owner for primers because I couldn't see any. He had none, said he hadn't gotten any significant amount all year. Are you finding large rifle primers hard to find? Any suggestions.

Try Powder Valley. At least they'll accept a backorder on some items.

slippingaway

Blackhawk
edlmann":283u7x7z said:
tmahler99":283u7x7z said:

Try Powder Valley. At least they'll accept a backorder on some items.

I got my last batch of primers and powder from them. They had Wolf primers in stock then, and they seem to work just fine. Hopefully they'll get another shipment in.

tmahler99

Bearcat
Thank you for all the help. I contacted one of the "regional" stores that I used to work at and they had some in. I guess its a day by day situation, but I'll be going up there next week. they'll hold some for me then. I'm really excited to start.