Primers in California

Help Support Ruger Forum:

pps

Single-Sixer
My Wolf primers 1k large rifle, and 5k small pistol will arrive next week. I ordered them from powder valley in April, the week before they stopped taking back orders.

I hope this shortage lifts soon. I've had to cut back on my practice pretty severely. At least with this last 5k coming in plus my existing 10k I have enough for about 18 months of practice.

Check with powder valley.

If you live close enough to Vacaville, there is a fantastic gun store there...with an indoor range.

slippingaway

Blackhawk
powder valley seemed to have more components in stock than any of the others. I just sent in an order for 16 lbs of powder (win autocomp and H322) and 4k primers.

Rclark

Hunter
Just checked in today with the 'local' sports store.... No primers... still ..... Powder is starting to roll in, but they want mega bucks for it now..... Checked jacketed bullets and they are still missing.... Hope this ends soon!

jforwel

Bearcat
Great Falls is starting to see more primers. Big R had several thousand Federal, different types, and other stores had several bricks of CCI pistol primers. The most I have seen in quite some time. Also one store had several cases of Federal .223 sitting on the floor.

CJofWolfcreek

Bearcat
Availability is coming back, prices are variable. Walmart and Scheels are charging "normal" prices, slight increases. A brick of Federal small pistol primers cost $29.00 at scheels. Gunshops tend to charge higher prices, a small shop had cci large rifle primers for $3.99 a sleeve of 100. So long as people pay inflated prices, the prices will stay high.

volshooter

Buckeye
At the gun show in Knoxville TN today basically all primers were fetching $45 a brick. Plenty to be had as well as most any reloading suppiles.

firescout

Bearcat
Rclark":1eivgtb6 said:
Basically all primers were fetching $45 a brick.
That's just not right .... Should be under $30..... If people is going to pay it though :roll: , Barnum was right .

I wouldn't pay more than $30 for 1K of primers. I'm still good, with at least 6K primers currently.

Rclark

Hunter
Boy, the rumors are 'flying'. I was over in Missoula tonight and asked about large pistol primers at one of the sporting goods stores.... "Nope, none here. Talked to Federal Rep and he says not to expect any until at least next summer and maybe not then. " :shock: "Maybe see some CCI this winter, but don't hold your breath" ....

I did run into some .22LR at the Walmart in Missoula though and picked up a couple of boxes. My stock as been getting low....

mattsbox99

Hunter
Haha... if you get over to Miles City they have 45K CCI small rifle and 65K CCI large rifle in stock, and in Billings, Scheels has 100K assorted Remington, Winchester, and CCI primers in all flavors, $30-$35 for all of them.

Rclark

Hunter
Hey, that's comforting to know.... Wish I was travelling east for some reason!

What do you know.... My dad happened to be in Billings, so I gave him a call... Picked up two boxes of magnum large pistol primers at Scheels :D . Now at least I can get through the end of the year.... I hope :) .

SAJohn

Hunter
A small department store chain in the Pacific Northwest, Bi-Mart, just got in some Remington primers at $34.90 but will only sell your 200 primers per day. Between my wife, her sister, and her father I was able to fill out my missing primers over a three day period. (I really didn't want to use my large pistol magnum primers to reload .45 ACP.)

Bucks Owin

Hunter
Primer availability seems "catch as catch can" in my neck of the woods (shasta county). One store told me primers were backordered until NOVEMBER! Then, when I dropped by the local "Wally World" for a brick of .22 ammo for plinkin' I was told they had 50 of them that morning but were sold out a couple hours later. A damn sad state of affairs huh?!?

stare-decisis

Single-Sixer
Still scarce here in these parts. I grabbed what was left about 2 mos ago of large pistol primers. A new gun shop-range opened up and they had dozens of bricks of primers..for 55$ a 1K!

Latest posts