primers for sale

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Finally seen CCI primers on shelfs at a gun shop. CCI small rifle primers 169.99 per 1,000. Fed match large pistol only 164.99. I passed, good thing I did not need neither.

Rick Courtright

Hawkeye
Hi,

Dunno if it's a good omen or wishful thinking, but the fellow I get most of my reloading supplies from got a few shotshell primers in this week. Fiocchi and Cheddite: $40/1000 for Fiocchi, $60/1000 for Cheddite. They were gone almost as fast as he got them posted on the website.

He's had no other primers for months, but has new prices on the out of stock pages, as if maybe there's something in the air about things to come. Win, CCI, most Federal, and Remington are all listed at $65/1000 right now. Remingtons for the same price as the others? We'll see what's what if any ever get here!

Rick C

About 3 months ago the only local shop had a case of Remington large pistol primers. 62 per carton (1,000) I do use them but not much, so I did by my allotment of a carton.

I was just going to post something about primers.

I went to the gun store today, haven't been there since last Fall, probably October really. They had lots of everything except for primer and powder. I could have bought 8 pounds of Bullseye for $225. Which doesn't really sound so terrible. But zero primers.

It is Monday, so perhaps they had a busy weekend. I'll go back on Thursday or Friday and look again.

The the shelves for ammunition were full and prices seem to be coming down. Or down as much as they can be with this inflation right now. I did buy some 45 ACP for $67 per hundred for Winchester white box. I'm not sure if that is a good price or not.

dannyd

Hunter
In my reloading lifetime gone from paying 5 dollars a thousand to 100.00 per thousand but I like to shoot. Don't shoot 24,000 rounds a year anymore but about 12,000, so for me to stay with the fire safety code (20,000) still have to buy them. Good thing is I have more money than time left to shoot.

novalty

Bearcat
Unfortunately, it doesn't look like the prices will be settling down soon. Just hoping I can ride out the storm until it does.

dannyd

Hunter
My Opinion price's will be between 80 and 100 dollars for some time to come. I do feel bad for most of the companies I have dealt with over the years because to me it a hobby I can stop anytime to them it's a living.

NC FNS

Single-Sixer
I had been chipping away at increasing my primer inventory so it would match my case, powder and bullet supply. 8 or 9 thousand more, and I would've been set for the remainder of my viable reloading days. As it stands, I have enough primers to load 4 or 5 rounds a week, and will have a lot of cases, bullets, powder and lead leftover at the end of the road.
As stated above, it's a hobby I can quit or cut back on, and I feel blessed for having the good fortune to enjoy reloading for as long as I have.

dannyd

Hunter

dannyd

Hunter
Everyone is different; I love casting and reloading because it's a one person hobby.

To simplify things I have switched to small rifle primers for everything. I only shoot wheel, single shot and lever guns, so they work fine and makes finding primers easier.

Everyone is different; I love casting and reloading because it's a one person hobby.

To simplify things I have switched to small rifle primers for everything. I only shoot wheel, single shot and lever guns, so they work fine and makes finding primers easier.
Thanks Danny's I haven't checked out BPI lately. I really appreciate the heads up!

32shooter

Blackhawk
Some of the local shops are getting Chedite shotgun primers in, around $60/1000, they usually don't last long. I have not bought any as I still have about 6,000 primers and just got done reloading about 3,000 rounds. I traded 4,000 small pistol primers for 4,000 Winchester 209 primers not long ago, still have over 20,000 small pistol primers, so I am looking to trade a few more if I can find the right person. I probably shoot more shotgun than anything else.

dannyd

Hunter
Some of the local shops are getting Chedite shotgun primers in, around $60/1000, they usually don't last long. I have not bought any as I still have about 6,000 primers and just got done reloading about 3,000 rounds. I traded 4,000 small pistol primers for 4,000 Winchester 209 primers not long ago, still have over 20,000 small pistol primers, so I am looking to trade a few more if I can find the right person. I probably shoot more shotgun than anything else.
Wish you were in Florida. :)

lolbell

Single-Sixer
A good friend of mine had planned on getting into reloading several years ago but it never materialized. Before the big shortage hit he brought me 1,000 each of LR and SR primers. I offered to pay but he would not have it.

Fast forward two years. I retired day before yesterday (3/31). Same friend brought me 1,000 each SP and LP primers he said he found while cleaning out a cabinet in his basement. He said it would keep me busy for a few weeks since I no longer work. 😃