primer drought

Help Support Ruger Forum:

7mmb

Bearcat
Looks like the primer drought is over, for a bit at least. This was the primer shelf at Sportsman's warehouse.

primers.jpg

Rick Courtright

Hawkeye
Hi,

My guess is they must have had 'em backordered about forever and are at the front of the line?

The "usual sources" I use online, and local shops, are still dry... so this looks like a windfall. Kinda like my client who works for a water district said the other night: "Just cuz we got six inches of rain in one week this year doesn't mean the drought's over!"

Hope primers DO start to flow thru the all the pipelines... soon!

Rick C

Yosemite Sam

Hunter
My locals have had a full stock of primers for months. Powder is finally back on the shelves in quantity. Most loaded ammo is in stock, too, though at exorbitant prices.

Supply must be spotty though, as the regional chain store has a better selection than the LGS.

-- Sam

StanMemTn

Single-Sixer
I'm still waiting for primers to come in so I can get going with my first batch of handloads. I've had the press for about 3-4 weeks, all my brass is sized, inspected, and measured. I just need some primers!

mactex

Bearcat
I've had really good luck finding primers at either Cabela's or the local gun show. There have been dry spells in the past couple years, but I've always been able to find some before I run out.

45Colt_Man

Blackhawk
Checked in Billings, MT yesterday at the store where I used to buy primers. In the last two years they have had absolutely nothing but 209 primers. Glad I still have stock.

Dana

Rclark

Hunter
Still hard to find around here. Checked Missoula a couple of weeks ago and they had none on shelf and limit of 200 per person if you asked.... I was just checking so didn't try to buy any.....