Pricing Bird's Head .32 HR?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Jason280_2

Single-Sixer
I am unloading a few extras, and not sure how to price a Single Six in .32 HR Magnum. It's an SSMBH-4F, with the Bird's Head grip, case color hardening frame, and I believe a 4 5/8" barrel. I have the box and papers, what would be a reasonable sale/trade price?

5SsJaeV.jpg

IEpQGlQ.jpg

jUdp1Nr.jpg

C3Ranger

Bearcat
A quick check on Truegunvalue.com shows recent sales ranging from $618 to $1075.

IMHO, based on your photos, I would think yours would be near the higher end...

Last edited:

C3Ranger

Bearcat
It's difficult to give specific advice on pricing. From what I have seen in my area and some that I found online in 32 mag, I would estimate that trade in value would be around $400 to $450, and a shop might price it at $800-850, probably expecting to accept a reasonable offer under that.

I am partial to some of the less common calibers like 32 H&R, but it may not be popular in many areas. Guess I'm saying beauty (and value) is in the eye of the beholder.

A few 32s
From what I understand about the Single-Six 32/ Vaqueroetts.
The hoped for market was the Female SASS shooters. Problem was it was not that big of a market so few were sold until they were sold at a great discount by the distributors. That is the main reason so few are found today IMHO. Yea I like mine because they allow me to shoot in SASS ONE handed with the smaller frame and lower hammer. As far as the round if you are a reloader a 38 will do everything that a 32 does and more. Now with the New Vaquero I don't think there is that much difference in weight. I have seen a lot of the SASS Females go back to the 38s.
Around 2003-4 when the 32s were discounted to $237.00 each a FFL and friend of mine and I bought 14 of them for SASS shooters. I kept four of them. Two blue and two stainless. The stainless one are sequential serial numbers.:)

These were the ones my Grandson was using in SASS. He went on to other things so they went to a new SASS owner in 2007 at $500 each Colt called them the 32 cal. Rainmaker, 38 cal. was the Lightning and 41cal. was the Thunderer. If I remember correctly.
1264633256-1.jpg

I still have these and shoot them with Black Powder and that new fangled stuff. Sounds like I could get my money back if I sold them :) :) :)
1675374869709.jpeg

1675374966627.jpeg

Jim I built a couple of guns like the (2) CC&B ones in your top pic back in 2014 I think. My wife told me they looked like a couple of wild west brothel guns the ladies of the night would use on contrary cowpokes. I think it was the shape of the brass grip frames. :unsure: My Niece ran off with both of mine for safe keeping.

Back to Jason's post though, that is a well care for 32 he was asking about. If I didn't 4 guns at Tyler's place I'd be talking to him about that one.

Tri color birdhead DSC00211.jpg

rex1

Bearcat
I have a 1877 thunderer 41cal, it is double action, would like to trade for s/s bird head 237 fed

Latest posts