Prices of Hotel in Bozeman, MT

Help Support Ruger Forum:

prowler

Single-Sixer
I always go to gun show in Bozeman, MT. The price of hotel in the past 5 years since I start going to the gun show was between $85-$125 per night, this time on the same month and date it is surprising, it will cost me below. Anyone knows what happen? Please let me know. Thanks
]Mountain View Lodge and Suites
2-STAR HOTEL
1121 Reeves Road West, Bozeman, MT - Bozeman - Belgrade
View Map
TOP BOOKED HOTEL
JUST BOOKED

2 people are looking at this hotel
Price marked down from original price of $​475
$​427[/right]

hittman

Staff member
Anyone knows what happen?
Biden happened.
And a pandemic, forced lock downs, supply chain problem, soaring prices, fewer employees with less and less experience yet higher wages needed to hire someone and maybe a touch of taking advantage of the situation in order to raise prices.

Look at rental car prices too.

redhawker

Buckeye
Damn! You might as well go with Airbnb and rent a private condo or house. Looks like it would be cheaper than the hotel.

ronto

Single-Sixer
At least stick the towels, soap, and toilet paper rolls in your suitcase when you check out.

badguybuster

Single-Sixer
The wife and I flew out to MT last year to look at a farm we were interested in and it was nearly that much for 2 nights.

Mobuck

Hawkeye
Not that it helps but I once rented a condo in BigSky for approx that amount for a week.
As said earlier, place the entire blame on the theft of the 2020 Presidential election and related fraud.
Son went through Bozeman last Saturday and reported it's an entirely different looking place vs the last time I was there (1997).

Jon406

Bearcat
I live in Kalispell, and my wife and I simply can't travel our own state, do a Google of "Hotel prices in Bozeman MT"
and you might find something a bit more affordable.

Snake Pleskin

Blackhawk
The prices are up because "idiots" (IMHO) keep paying it! It is no different in "Motorcycle" rallies in Daytona, Sturgis etc. Rooms that are $75 bucks in a 1950/60's run down motel sell for $350 or more during rally week! I went to one in Daytone, never again, waste of time, money and won't play the fool to the gougers etc that take advantage of the "tourists" etc.

Snake Pleskin

Blackhawk
They had a "Gun Show" here in Aiken last week. I did not go. They want $20 bucks , parking etc for what? Last one I went too a few years back was full of "dealers' and then private sellers who thought everything they had was worth $ big dollars. LOL, hardly. I refuse to continue to support the asinine rise in firearm prices etc. I have more than enough & frankly there isn't a firearm in the world that will improve my life and certainly not at todays prices.

Johnnu2

Buckeye
I was trying to 'quote' Snake Pleskin above, but the new format is making it way too difficult SO, pretend his post is quoted here.

I agree 100%............ DON'T BUY

especially don't buy if you can absolutely afford the price.... It's the only way to stop this foolishness.

IMHO..... DON'T BUY

J.

Montelores

Buckeye
The power of the federal government to print money will far outlast your determination not to participate.

The government has so skewed the economy by throwing un-necessary dollars and previous Covid restrictions at it for "Covid recovery" that it will take years to normalize (if that's a word we can ever use in this context again).

And they keep doubling-down on more spending, domestically.

A very brief article, but basically, this is a proposal by a politician to address the problem that she created.

Monty

"Senate Democrats, led by Elizabeth Warren, just released a bill that would make price-gouging unlawful. The proposal gives further life to price controls, one of the worst policy failures from the last period of high inflation, decades ago.

According to the bill, "It shall be unlawful for a person to sell or offer for sale a good or service at an unconscionably excessive price during an exceptional market shock, regardless of the person's position in a supply chain or distribution network." What is an "unconscionably excessive" price? Presumably Warren knows it when she sees it. The punishment would be the lesser of a $25,000 fine or 5 percent of revenues.

This bill flunks basic economics...

Even if this is just a messaging bill, it sends a bad message. It blames private enterprise for inflation in an attempt to deflect blame for overstimulating the economy, and to attract support to keep stimulating it."

Snake Pleskin

Blackhawk
I was trying to 'quote' Snake Pleskin above, but the new format is making it way too difficult SO, pretend his post is quoted here.

I agree 100%............ DON'T BUY

especially don't buy if you can absolutely afford the price.... It's the only way to stop this foolishness.

IMHO..... DON'T BUY

J.
Agree, we must hit them where it matters, their wallet!

Snake Pleskin

Blackhawk
This is NOT hard to understand. If you bought a firearm, and could sell it for 5 times what you paid would you? Or would you think ,I used it, got my money worth out of it and three times is a reasonable price? You know the answer, so, hard to fault others when you would do exactly the same.

Is it the peak season? Or is there something going on that weekend In Bozeman?

Isn’t Bozeman a college town? Surely there is a Holiday Inn Express near the interstate far cheaper.

The Norseman

Single-Sixer
I’ve read this type of pricing on several other
forums.

Things are becoming so cost prohibitive, people
will slow down purchases and we will be in a
recession.

Snake Pleskin

Blackhawk
Recession, Depression, whatever. All i know is that the Market has dropped to a few points over Bear territory wiping out lots of $$ savings for many people. In addition, food & gas are continuing to rise. Biden is still giving away money to pay for Liberals college debt that they should be responsible for, buying more Forced Social Re-engineering welfare programs, and sending $ 100's of millions in relief to Ukraine, which is fine, but we will end up paying for later. Biden's admin can not keep this up with taxing everyone but the low end liberal minority and other constituents they "buy" in order to keep the votes! So whatever name we give it right now, I think we are all 'screwed" in the short term and that could turn into a lo-o-o-ng short term!

Colonialgirl

Hawkeye
I always go to gun show in Bozeman, MT. The price of hotel in the past 5 years since I start going to the gun show was between $85-$125 per night, this time on the same month and date it is surprising, it will cost me below. Anyone knows what happen? Please let me know. Thanks
]Mountain View Lodge and Suites
2-STAR HOTEL
1121 Reeves Road West, Bozeman, MT - Bozeman - Belgrade
View Map
TOP BOOKED HOTEL
JUST BOOKED

2 people are looking at this hotel
Price marked down from original price of $​475
$​427[/right]
Probably they quit offering a breakfast an everyday maid service !! :rolleyes::rolleyes:;):)

Latest posts