price range for a New Model 357/9mm convertible

Help Support Ruger Forum:

AkRay

Single-Sixer
What would a New Model 357/9mm convertible in 95% be worth? How much would the factory cardboard box add? Is there any way that it could be in the $400.00 range? What if it were a 3 screw convertible in the same condition? How much value would that add? I'm trying to decide if I should go for this gun instead of another that the same guy has for sale.

new models around here are in the $425-475 range, but only the 45's are selling it seems like,, not the 357/9mm... I've had a MINT old model BKH36X from feb 1972, for sale the past 3 gun shows boxed,all the papers , and cannot get any bites at $625-650.........ain't coming down, will break it up first, guys want the box, or the papers, or the cylinder......
last nm 45 convertible we sold for $475 at the OGCA.... a few weeks ago

AkRay

Single-Sixer
Thanks rugerguy. That's good information to know. It looks like hard chromed Marlin Guide Gun just moved to the top of the list.

Redstick

Single-Sixer
AkRay":y2yicb6c said:
Thanks rugerguy. That's good information to know. It looks like hard chromed Marlin Guide Gun just moved to the top of the list.

You shore the Marlin ain't STAINLESS :?: Is it the model 1895GS :?:

AkRay

Single-Sixer
The seller told me that a place in Florida did the hard chrome job on it. From looking at the gun, it would be right at home in my toolbox next to the Craftsman combination wrenches and such, since they're hard chromed too. It has a nice 2 tone look to it with the receiver flats being a little shinier than the barrel and the top of the receiver. A stainless gun probably wouldn't look quite the same. I like it.

AKRay - the $400 seems a little high for my area even for a LNIB 357/9 convert. Or maybe I should say at the top end. It would have to be an older NM and have something special like really nice grips for me to consider. I've bought them for a hundred less in really good condition, so I'd either look at the old model or negotiate a better price. Even the Old Model 357s are bottomed out unless it's collector grade with everything from the factory. Of course if it's a convertible Old Model it would be worth more. Just my 2c.

slowrider

Single-Sixer
I'm with Jimbo1096 on this. I bought my 99% NM 357/9 with factory plastic box on this site for around $375 a yr and a half ago and prices sure haven't gone up since then. I don't think the box with a NM will make much difference in the price like it can on an old model though it's nice to have. You might post up on the classified here and ask for what you want.

Latest posts