Price of a short barrel Old Model 45lc Blackhawk??

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Curio Bill

Bearcat
As an offshoot of my other thread, what price should I reasonably expect to pay for a 4 5/8 inch barrel Old Model 45lc Blackhawk in very good-excellent, but NOT safe queen/NIB shape?? And how often do they come up for sale. Since I started looking for one they have been non-existent on the auction boards!! Thanks, Bill

Sonnytoo

Blackhawk
I would guess about $700. For reference, I'm guessng that the same gun @98% would be $850 or so.
I haven't checked the Blue Book, but like you said, you just don't see these any more.
Sonnytoo

Aggie01

Blackhawk
I have one down at Alan Harton's shop. It is a 4 & 5/8" and letters as convertable. It will need a lot of TLC to be workable again though.
I sold the lockwork, the cylinder (.45 ACP), and moved the gripframe to another project to try to afford rehabbing it.
Now it's got some OM SBH lockwork, a NM .45 Colt cylinder and NM .45 Colt barrel in the box with it.
I still gave somewhere between $400 & $500 for it in this shape, and didn't feel bad about it.
I'm torn on a proper restoration and tricking it out. Between Alan's schedule and my wallet, I don't have to decide anytime soon.

There were less OM .45 Colts made than OM .44 magnum Flattops.

Collectors look away.

Brassgripframe45.jpg

butcheredOM45.jpg

That is a MR3-DB, BTW. Now on my prewarning ROA.

Dave T

Single-Sixer
Wyandot Jim":1l4lgqxa said:
Well,
I just sold one to a Forum member two weeks ago. He was happy with the gun and the price.
I have another nice shooter I could part with.
Jim

Jim,

Do you have any pictures of the "shooter" you would consider selling?

Dave

Dave T":2ia3xw7e said:
Wyandot Jim":2ia3xw7e said:
Well,
I just sold one to a Forum member two weeks ago. He was happy with the gun and the price.
I have another nice shooter I could part with.
Jim

Jim,

Do you have any pictures of the "shooter" you would consider selling?

Dave

Dave here ya go. It is a pretty nice one. I don't do % everybody has there own way. The Red Eagle News Exchange says $815.
I will take $725 and I pay shipping.
Thanks,
Jim

1269887815.jpg

1269887814.jpg

1269887817.jpg

1269887816.jpg