Price LoweredFS: Colt SAA 357 Mag Ivory grips and a gun belt

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Price lowered (was $2600 now $2300) which includes the Colt letter (will be sent to the buyer when the seller receives it).

I am facilitating the sale of some guns (and a gun belt) that were inherited by a person who is not gun knowledgeable. Everything will be done through me until the deal is finalized. The money will go directly to her and she will get the guns shipped to your designated FFL to do the transfer. I have no dog in the fight other than to help her sell the guns.

All the guns and gun belt will only be listed here to start. First "I'll take it" followed by a PM to me gets it. All guns and the gun belt prices include shipping and insurance in the continental US (AK and HI rates may be a bit different, not sure). If the gun is not legal where you live don't ask to buy it. It is up to the buyer to know their states gun laws, not me or the seller.

Here we go:

Colt, SAA, .357 mag, blue, 5 1/2", s/n SA 16293 dates to 1979, IVORY grips (has been proven), with box, great gun $2300 shipped and insured

The Colt authentication letter is included in the price. It will be sent when the seller receives it.

Gun belt, a Single Six fits in it, not sure about what else might. Measures 39 inches from where the leather wraps around the buckle to the closest hole. $325 shipped and insured.

All prices are negotiable except for the gun belt. Her dad made the belt and wore it once. If you want more pictures of anything let me know and I can send them.

Contact me here on the forum, email me at rlutz730(at sign)comcast.net or call the shop at 814-867-0867 (leave message if I or the wife don't pick up)

jringo8769

Single-Sixer
hey are u sure this is a 7.5"...i just had mine out before i left today....that barrel just looks like a 6.5"...very nice guns by the way...God Bless,John

SAJohn

Hunter
That Colt with the ivory grips is outstanding. However, I am puzzled about the serial number versus date of manufacture. Is it one of the special issue commemorative 2nd generation Colt's or an early 3rd generation revolver?

SAJohn said:
That Colt with the ivory grips is outstanding. However, I am puzzled about the serial number versus date of manufacture. Is it one of the special issue commemorative 2nd generation Colt's or an early 3rd generation revolver?

I am not a Colt guy by any means and I'll have to do more research. On the grip frame, just ahead of the trigger guard it is stamped "SA16293"

I couldn't find that serial number on the Colt web site but did find it NRA Museum web site. Looks like its a 1979 model, not a 1975

From the NRA site, under Colts:

Mid-1978Start of "SA" prefix on front of ser. no.
1978 SA01000 SA14808
1979 SA14809 SA30254

So I need to correct the ad.

For anyone's info, here is the NRA site for serial numbers: http://www.nramuseum.com/media/940941/serialization-date%20of%20manufacture.pdf

Here's what that site says about Rugers :D :

STURM, RUGER & CO., INC.
Additional information regarding Sturm, Ruger & Co.,
Inc. firearms (including serialization) can be found in
Ruger & His Guns; A History of the Man, the Company
and Their Firearms by R.L. Wilson.

Kudos to you for doing this. I have slowly been helping an 89 year-old lady sell her late husband's guns and things on here. It's way more of an undertaking than I realized. You deserve a big Thank You for helping her.

Thank you sir, kudos to you also for helping someone in need.

The Colt and the holster are still up for grabs. If no traffic next week then I will probably list other places. I wanted my Ruger "family" to have first dibs (even though it's not a Ruger.

Here is another picture of the Colt for those who are interested.

Also, it has been examined by an experience gun dealer and his opinion falls right in line with opinions from myself and people on the Colt forum who examined all the photos I submitted, that the grips are genuine ivory. That said, the seller IS going to get the Colt letter to be absolutely 100% on what we are saying.

Upon examination, the gun shop owner stated that he did not see any evidence that the gun has been fired. There is a very, very faint turn line but as you can see in the photo it tough to see it. There is no evidence on the font of the cylinder that it has been fired as well as not evidence in the barrel.

The Colt is going to be advertised on the Colt Forum starting Monday March 26. It will still be listed here if there is any interest but FYI First come, First served so you will be competing with any Colt forum buyers.

The owner has ordered the Colt letter and it will be forwarded to the buyer when she receives it (Colt estimated 90 days from today 3/23/18)

Also cleaned up the ad a bit.