Price for LCR???

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Purple Sage

Bearcat
Hi Folks,

Haven't posted for a while..... I'm interested in the Ruger LCR. I've shopped a few gun shops and they seem to be going for around $450. I believe the closest Cabelas to me also had them for $450.

What can I expect to pay for a LCR....... and not leave a lot of money on the table?

Thanks......

s4s4u

Hunter
My shop is selling them for $385, they also sell on G-Bro for the same $$$ + shipping to your FFL ($20)

cain73

Bearcat
with these as sale prices, how much are they charging for background/fees ?
the reason I ask is that I often check prices on gungenie to see what local retailers have them for, but they always have a fee of about $30
I know when I bought a rifle at wally world it was only a /5 background.

for instance I found them for /392 + tax which looks good then they add $29.95 which brings the OTD price to $449.39

is that ok, not good or what ?

I'm in the market and want to make sure I get the best price I can.

cain73

Bearcat
yeah it seems to be standard here in Fl. even with concealed permits........unfortunately

Purple Sage

Bearcat
bigtubby":2w6iu4t8 said:
BlkHawk73":2w6iu4t8 said:
Charge for a background check? :shock:

In las vegas if you buy from FFl there is $25.00 BGC even if you have a CWP if you buy FTF register the gun at police station there is no charge.

$25 for background check?????? Incredible..

bigtubby

Single-Sixer
Purple Sage":c0pkdhko said:
bigtubby":c0pkdhko said:
BlkHawk73":c0pkdhko said:
Charge for a background check? :shock:

In las vegas if you buy from FFl there is $25.00 BGC even if you have a CWP if you buy FTF register the gun at police station there is no charge.

$25 for background check?????? Incredible..

Ya used to be a CWP would be good enough, not now $25.00 every time you buy from a FFL or transfer!!!

Hired Gun

Bearcat
This is not uncommon. Even though the feds do the NICS check for free the state may impose their own fee. Oregon State Police collect $10 for every transfer and are trying to get it raised to something like $28. They go deep. I had them dredge up stuff recently on a customer from 1964 when he had a gun stolen. The thief tried to grind off the serial number. The NY police recovered the gun and returned it to him them reported it to the FBI he had possesion of a firearm with an altered serial number. The FBI note surfaced and it delayed his transfer 10 days while OSP waited for a letter stating my customer was not charged with anything. They are denying people for being accused or arrested now without ever being convicted. They take it upon themselves to read the officers report and decide for themselves if believe the arrest was true they will deny all future firearm purchases. It has gotton completely out of hand. Everyone should join and contribute to the NRA as you might be the next one to need thier help.

For guns purchased from me I only charge what the state charges me. Out of state transfers I charge $10 to receive the firearm, process the 4473 and roll current thumb prints also required by Oregon.

To answer the OP. Ruger LCR dealer cost is $360. shipping run $15-$18 for delivery. That puts him in it $378. If someone is selling it for under $400 you are getting a great deal.