Price check

Help Support Ruger Forum:

rmc25

Single-Sixer
Met a guy leaving a local gun show who claimed he had a unfired NIB Ruger Single Six for sale. Model 00657, serial #268-23xxx, Catalog BNV-224-SI with all paperwork and test case.

It's color cased (what Rugers uses as the coating) 4" fixed sights and blue barrel and wrapped in a green plastic bag.

Nice looking fake ivory grips with Ruger logo at bottom of grips.

He's was asking $675.00.

I thought high and passed but he will be back next month.

Overpriced? By how much?

rmc

street

Hunter
RENE states a little over 600 of these were made. Some what of a rare gun. As to it's value, it's how bad you want it.

It does seem a little high, but if it there really were only 600 made, hmm... I have a somewhat rare version of a single six with stainless bisley grip frame. I think there were 700 made. I paid $500 for it about 8 years ago. $675 for this gun you talk about seems like a high retail price. But, on the other hand, you won't have to pay 8 or 10 percent in sales tax...or shipping.... So might not be too much.

What price would you think is fair? Would you have bought it for 575 or 600? Which begs the question, does a hundred bucks more make it harder to sleep at night by not buying it? :D

T.A. WORKMAN

Hunter
I value them in the $600.00 - $650.00 range,,,but they are getting harder to find in NIB condition. I would not let $25.00 deter me , but that's me,, :) :wink: .

As a side note there are two variations in both barrel lengths, WRM on left side of barrel & cleanup guns with the WRM on the bottom of the barrel.
Best,
Terry