Price check on ss full lug 4 inch GP100, 95% box and all.

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Tallbald

Buckeye
Don't need it folks. But it's a pre-MIM beauty with the Lett grips, and if I remember correctly from asking back in the summer about it, has box and all. They've had $500 on it since it showed up back in early summer of this year I think. Tight lockup, crisp bore and seems likely was a sock drawer gun or safe queen. I prefer the pre-MIM versions ( and am not interested in debating the new differences) and although I have a beauty of a six inch half lug stainless GP100 this 4 inch one looks lonely.
I CCW my Sp101 three inch and have for almost 15 years. One extra shot interests me, and since I reload for .38 Special/.357 already, the caliber calls to me.
Here's something too that really interests me. Turning the gun into an EDC wheel gun. I'm thinking fixed firesights, bobbed hammer while retaining the single action sear too (my SP is like that and I like it very much), and teeny weenie small walnut grips. I make my own holsters so I can try it OWB, IWB or whatever I desire. And as time goes by, I could see the pre-MIM versions going up in value just like "un-converted" Blackhawks versus "New Model" Blackhawks.
If I could get the gun out the door for between $475 and $500 am I paying more than I ought to ya think? I don't cruise inflated online auction prices. I just ask my friends their thoughts. Thanks. Don

Tallbald

Buckeye
Hmm. I see. If you don't mind my asking, was that out the door $525? Tax here is 6%. No charge for NICS call.

GP100man

Buckeye
If it`s what ya want & it`s exactly like ya want/need, price is irrelevant .

But it`s in line for what a clean GP100 goes for in my neck of the woods .

475 tax & tags would be better!

GP

Tallbald

Buckeye
I tend to agree. $475 out the door would be OK by me. I have three stainless garden variety Ruger Old Army's and was considering selling one which, given the prices of nice ROA's, would fund the GP100 with some left for new brass or maybe a 5 pound jug of Trail Boss, my favorite all around powder. Thanks. Don

welder

Buckeye
While 450-475 would be better I could go 500 for it if like you say, it has the Lett grips and everything from the factory. The grips have sold for up to $40 dollars at times around here, and like you I prefer the pre-MIM guns. I guess what I am saying is the price is not too far and if I wanted it I would not let $50 or so deter me.

rammerjammer

Blackhawk
Not the best price you'll find around, but not bad either for a GP100 with all the old fixins.

roylt

Hunter
You say it has been sitting all summer at the shop so that tells me they will haggle some. Also they may have a Christmas sale??

Go for it, everyone needs a 4" GP.

Tallbald

Buckeye
Going to stop in to the shop here in an hour or so after my cup-o-Joe and see what they will do. I'll share the results either way here today. Can't post a photo because Miss Penny has the camera at the other end of the state with one of our daughters, who happens to be very very pregnant with our second grandchild. I'm kinda caught here with our four furbabies (Ruger the Boxer, Winchester the Standard Poodle, Rocky and Hank, both American Randombreds). Nice thing about my situation is Miss Penny said "Honey go for it if you want. it sounds nice". Of course she just received her 10/22 American Farmer Tribute. Don

Jimbo357mag

Hawkeye
$625 - $650 is a fair price (OTD) for a new GP-100 4" stainless revolver. If you can get a 'like new' one for around $500 or less I would say that is a good deal. :D

Tallbald

Buckeye
Folks I messed up. Or rather my memory messed up. Aside from having too much end shake and locked cylinder rotation to suit me, it looks like it is a transition model with no MIM parts but the Hogue rubber grips. Sometimes I think I've looked at so many wheelguns they just blend into each other. Really disappointed, even though as I said, I didn't need another GP. I guess I'll just go to the safe and fondle my beautiful, 6 inch stainless half lug GP100 that has zero end shake and almost zero locke rotation. It's my "benchmark" Ruger and the one by which I judge all others I examine. Got it for $279 out the door used with all accessories at the big National Gun Day show in Louisville in I think 2004. Even the dealer thought it was new. He had so many guns displayed and another employee had taken it in on trade. When he realized he had boobooed he called to me across the aisle and offered me a refund or $50 cash back. I thanked him and accepted the $50.
I still appreciate the responses though to my question folks. Don

kbm6893

Single-Sixer
A few years ago, some wholesaler was selling 4" GP100 Stainkess revolvers with Lett grips and factory box for $299. A prison was switching to semi autos and they traded them in. Gun was in perfect shape. Like an idiot, I sold it.

I'd like another GP, but you gotta factor in buying new grips, cause those hogue grips are an abomination. I'd like a 3 inch gun but the hogues look even worse in them and the compact Lett grips are obscenely high priced.